Comments on spun_cookie's review of Blantons Original

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on spun_cookie's review of Blantons Original

Unread postby forumadmin » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:59 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about spun_cookie's review of Blantons Original;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Nice review. I think this is a first rate and 'classic' bourbon. I have never had a bottle that did not satisfy. That our friends bunghole and Joe Bourbon (Bourbon Joe) , not to mention Mike Veach, love it, is very high praise indeed. Not cheap whiskey to be sure, but excellent, as you noted.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:17 am

ima was lucky enough that a friend thought so highly of me as to gift me a bottle of Blanton's this Christmas.

Praise the Lord!

I called Mike Veach on Christmas Eve, and we spoke of many things - one of which was bourbon reviews on BourbonEnthusiast.Com

Since I had a new bottle of Blanton's - I would post a new review, but after reviewing my original review and comparing it with my current bottling - I stand by my original review.

When ima speaks - it's Gospel.

And That's Good News To You!

A Nose and a Palate You can Trust.

That's My Gift.

:arrow: imasaintbunghole :angel7:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:51 am

Mike,
I actually prefer Elmer T Lee to Blantons. I have had some excellent Blantons at Whiskey Magazine tasting competitions, but then again, the distillery supplied the bottle... The Blantons I have had in the bars is a very good bourbon but very much over priced. Elmer T Lee is just as good in taste, if not better being a few years more mature, and is about 2/3 the price of Blantons.

Now if every bottle was like those supplied to Whisky Magazine....
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:40 pm

To each his own, Mike. You know, I can't comment on Elmer Lee's bourbon, having never had any. I guess it isn't distributed in GA (neither is Buffalo Trace) and when I haven't been to TN or KY in a long time. Last time I was there I didn't even think of getting any. Maybe next time I will remember and give it a try. BE reviews on it are somewhat mixed.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:51 am

Thank you sir... I have had three version of Blanton’s to date and have found each to be pleasing. The more I read and more I taste based on reviews on this sight the more I am finding the great diversity in the available bourbons.... My large amount of travel has made it easy to sample many products that I would not have known existed…

... over the last 5 years I have watched my vino consumption drop and bourbon intake increase significantly... I am a firm believer that per dollar of alcohol and pleasure per ounce, bourbon may be the best value available on the market...

Emerald
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion