Comments on bourbonv's review of Van Winkle Family Reserve R

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on bourbonv's review of Van Winkle Family Reserve R

Unread postby forumadmin » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:35 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about bourbonv's review of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 year old;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:35 pm

I just wanted to say that this is the forum's 900th review and my 237th. This data base is growing faster than I thought and is a valuable tool for many people. I know of many people who are not members here, but use the reviews database to purchase bourbon or rye. In another year or two, there will be enough reviews here that Bourbonenthusiast.com will be the place for people to go to decide what whiskey they wish to purchase. The site is already on top on Google when you search for "Bourbon reviews" and it will simply get more popular as the years go by. Good job Chris and Mark for designing the site this way. It was a brilliant idea and you are doing the world a service. You are not helping any one company get a bigger slice of the pie, but instead you are helping to make a larger pie for all. Thak You.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:09 pm

Excellent review, Mike.........as always. No one writes better and more trusted reviews than you. I don't have a clue how old my current bottle of '13 YO' rye actually is, but it is much as you describe it. I would add that my bottle has a sublety that is just exceptional.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion