Up Coming Events in Louisville

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Up Coming Events in Louisville

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 pm

For those who live near Lousville or are planning to make a trip before the end of the year, I thought I would tell you about a couple of events I am involved in in case you would like to attend.

The first is my fourth annual Black Acre Bourbon tasting. It will be held on Sunday November 4 at the Bourbon's Bistro. This is their annual fund raising event and tickets are $100.00 with the money going to Black Acre. There will be a dinner prepared by the Bourbon's Bistro and a silent auction. The bourbons being tasted this year are:
1) Lunchtime decanter - 1980 Commonwealth Distillery Co. 80 proof No Age Statement.

2) 40th Anniversary Ducks Unlimited decanter - 1977 Jim Beam 100 month old 80 proof.

3) 1975 Old Taylor 86 proof 6 years old National Distillers.

4) Bourbon Society Barrel Selection Four Roses Single Barrel, 100 proof un-filtered.

5)Eagle Rare No.4 Eagle Decanter - 1980 Seagrams Distillery 101 proof 10 years old.

6) Old Weller Antique - Buffalo Trace Distillery 107 proof 9 years old unfiltered.

The empty decanters will be given as door prizes for people who answer trivia questions correctly. It will be a lot of fun and the money goes to the Black Acre Nature Conservitory - a farm in eastern Jefferson County off Tucker Station Road. It is basically a miniature Bernheim Forest in Jefferson County.

The next event is a Celebration of Repeal on Friday, December 7 at the Filson Historical Society, sponsored by Buffalo Trace. This is a fund raising event for the Filson Historical Society. The ticket price is $50.00 a ticket but there are only 25 left (maybe less than that, I forgot to ask today) I will discuss doing business during prohibition, the history of Old Charter and drinking at the time of repeal. The star of the show is a pint of Old Charter bottled in 1929 and I know from the Pappy Van Winkle letters at the U.D. Archive, that Stitzel Distillery bottled the last of the Old Charter bourbon for Wright and Taylor that year, so this is the last of the Wright and Taylor Old Charter that will be tasted. Buffalo Trace is also going to provide some Old Charter new make cut to 100 proof (as was offered as soon as a distillery was producing after prohibition) and some Old Charter 3 or 6 month old at 100 proof (as was offered as the whiskey aged some) and Old Charter 10yo for comparison. They are also having food catered by the Bourbon's Bistro and will provide some Buffalo Trace to go with the food. They are also supplying the glassware so attendees will get 4 Buffalo Trace glasses to take home.

I hope some of you can make it to one or the other of these events. They will be fun and the money goes to good causes.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 pm

The Blackacre event for this sunday has sold out. I hear that a party of four are coming from Arizona, so if that is one of the members here, THANKS! It is a great charity and I will do my best to make sure you have your money's worth.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby barturtle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:45 pm

bourbonv wrote:The Blackacre event for this sunday has sold out. I hear that a party of four are coming from Arizona, so if that is one of the members here, THANKS! It is a great charity and I will do my best to make sure you have your money's worth.

Damn! I missed out! And there was gonna be trivia too!

Oh, well, I don't think my profs would like me missing school for it...
barturtle

Return to Bourbon Expeditions