A trip to the Atlanta area's best brew pub

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

A trip to the Atlanta area's best brew pub

Unread postby Mike » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:53 pm

This past Saturday my wife and I visited her son and our new grandson and went to the Five Seasons Brewpub in Alpharetta. I took a brewing course once from the master brewer at the other Five Seasons location, and know the efforts they put into making great fresh beers, so I visit them when I can (it being Atlanta, both are around 50 or 60 miles from my house and an hour and a half away).

Anyway, they had a Belgian Ale on tap which was brewed with raisins, rosemary, and another ingredient the name of which escapes me. Now, that was a superb beer! I had it was a delicious beef dish and enjoyed both too much.

They had a 750 ml bottle of bourbon barrel aged beer (5.5 months in used Woodford Reserve barrels) at $25. I had thought to take a bottle with me but Georgia has some archaic laws and you must consume it on the premises. My step son and I vowed to get back soon, soon and try this beer.

If you live in the Metro Atlanta area, I highly recommend the Five Seasons for Atlanta's best beer and some excellent food.

On Sunday, my wife and I visited with some friends and I took along some Goudenband Belgian Ale and introduced my friend to his first Belgian beer. He found it quite refreshing and fruity, as I did.

We also indulged in some 21 YO Rittenhouse Rye, which he also found quite impressive............naturally I told him that he ought to be impressed, since he is not likely to run into a whiskey that good very often.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Gojira » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:48 am

Better late than never:

I didn't know about the Five Seasons location in Alpharetta. How does it compare to the Prado location off Roswell Road?

I occasionally go to Alpharetta for business, but more often I visit my brother in North Buckhead off Roswell Road, so I am very familiar with that location.
Gojira

Unread postby Mike » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:57 pm

I have only had two different beers at the Alpharetta location, the Belgian Ale I mentioned and the bourbon barrel stout. I preferred the Belgian. I think the quality may be equal to the Roswell pub based on these two examples.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Gojira » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks. When I'm in Alpharetta for work I'd much rather find a place I can get to without getting on 400. That's one nasty road.
Gojira

Return to What Ales You