Evan Williams previes

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Evan Williams previes

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:00 am

Last night was the preview tasting of the new 1998 Single Barrel Evan Williams here in Louisville. Parker and Craig Beam, along with the Shapirra's did the presentation. It was a very nice event. The tasting wasn't really enough to give an accurate tasting note. But here are a few pictures. I wasn't able to get real good photos due to the crowd, and everyone was standing.

Gayle
Attachments
Presentation.JPG
Presentation.JPG (150.11 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
Heaven Hill Set.JPG
Heaven Hill Set.JPG (149.28 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
crowd2.JPG
crowd2.JPG (149.06 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
Crowd.JPG
Crowd.JPG (139.02 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:06 am

Gayle,

Thanks for the pix. So how was the tasting? Did you like this years bottling?
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:37 am

I did like this year's bottling. It seemed a bit more spicy. However, we got just a little pour and I prefer a different glass to really get the nose, and let it arriate a little while. I also had just eaten and didn't have a clean palate. So, when it is on the shelves the first of the year, I will definately buy a bottle or two. Bottom line; it's a good one in my opinion.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Brenda and I also went to the Heaven Hill event last night. I had a chance to spend some time talking with my friend Gary Regan and Brenda even went on stage with him to mix a cocktail. Gary's cocktail presentation was very good. It was entertaining and enlightening. The cocktail mixed were very tastey and easy to make. I just wish they had allocated more time for the presentation - at least 1 hour instead of 30 minutes.

The 1998 in my opinion was OK but very thin and watery and bland. I will taste it again someplace like the Bourbon's Bistro before I think about buying a bottle buy a bottle. Based upon my taste from last night, I much prefer the 1997/2007 to the 1998/2008.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Bourbon Expeditions