Comments on Bucc58's review of Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Bucc58's review of Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Unread postby forumadmin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Bucc58's review of Wild Turkey Rare Breed;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Nice review, Joe.

Bourbon Enthusiast is fortunate to attract and interest people who are somewhat new to bourbon (as we once all were). We must have regular infusions of new blood or we may grow tired of talking to each other.

I have learned a lot about bourbon in my 2 and a half years as a participant. My tastes have changed and I have become more familiar with my particular palate.........which is not to say it is anything other than my own. As bunghole pointed out recently, some bourbon lovers don't care for the Wild Turkey profile.........and, despite what I said in my latest Rare Breed review, they are not amatuers or novices, they just have a different palate.

Still, every bourbon lover owes it to him or herself to give Rare Breed a try..........like it or not. I am glad you like it.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

At first ...

Unread postby Bucc58 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 pm

At first I didn't like it at all. But I also had no Idea how to taste a bourbon and take notes and soforth. I would just pour a shot and throw it back and chase it with a soft drink or such. I am really learning a lot of good tasting tips on this site and Devins. everyone please be patient with me and I will 'Stumble' through the akward stage as fast as possible. Just a little while ago Bunghole taught me that alcohol has no taste or smell. I will try to have another review of another bourbon in a day or two. I have ~20 to sample at home right now.
:40oz:
Joe Young
Bucc58

Unread postby Martian » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Rare Breed seems to have an internal glow in the glass. The nose took me back to my childhood when I liked to smell a bottle of Vermont Maid Syrup. I call this cognac with a kick. One of my favorites to date.
Martian

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion