Favorite summer beer

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Favorite summer beer

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:40 pm

I'm wondering what is your favorite summer beer, &/or style of beer. Mine is definitely wheat beer. I find it flavorful and refreshing on a hot summer day. Celis White used to be my favorite, and currently, I'm on a mission to find a suitable replacement. In the meantime, Blue Moon's White beer is pretty darn good, even if it is made by Coors. In my book, its the best beer made by Coors. What do you think?
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mark » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Hey Bob, when I was in PA last weekend I saw a case of Blue Moon summer brew. I don't ever remember seeing it before; I've only seen them do the special pumpkin one during the fall.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Favorite summer beer

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 pm

Brewer wrote:I'm wondering what is your favorite summer beer, &/or style of beer. Mine is definitely wheat beer. I find it flavorful and refreshing on a hot summer day. Celis White used to be my favorite, and currently, I'm on a mission to find a suitable replacement. In the meantime, Blue Moon's White beer is pretty darn good, even if it is made by Coors. In my book, its the best beer made by Coors. What do you think?

I have had Blue Moon and found it to be a good beer. But my favorite summer beer is Pilsner Urquel, the original pils beer. It is very refreshing, has a complex taste that balances the malt sweetness with a crisp sharpness and tang that cranks my tractor.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:39 pm

Brewer wrote:I'm wondering what is your favorite summer beer, &/or style of beer. Mine is definitely wheat beer. I find it flavorful and refreshing on a hot summer day. Celis White used to be my favorite, and currently, I'm on a mission to find a suitable replacement. In the meantime, Blue Moon's White beer is pretty darn good, even if it is made by Coors. In my book, its the best beer made by Coors. What do you think?

Brewer, you damn yankee............glad to see you throwing in your say again. Hope you are doing well. My next sip of beer will be completely in your honor...........just cause you are a good human being!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bunghole » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeah! Yeah!

Well my favorite summer beer is COORS!

Yes, COORS!

:arrow: ima :beer:
bunghole

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Mike wrote:Brewer, you damn yankee............glad to see you throwing in your say again. Hope you are doing well. My next sip of beer will be completely in your honor...........just cause you are a good human being!!

Well Mike, or should I say Johnny Reb, I'm doing a bit better and will be throwing my say in here as much as I can. Haven't been drinking much bourbon, although I've been enjoying the '02 Birthday Bourbon once in awhile. Gotta do a review on it one of these days. Also been sipping some Longrow single malt, regarding which I'd like to get a discussion going in the appropriate forum real soon.

But I do enjoy a cool brew now that the weather's getting warmer. Hope to review/discuss a few others soon as well.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:13 pm

I happened to have a beer last weekend while paying a long overdue visit to Mark and Mrs. Mark (and the little Mark, who'se growing in leaps and bounds) that suprised the hell out of me. I never in a million years would have guessed that I would have enjoyed Miller Chill, but I gotta say that it was a light yet refreshing summer beer. Served very cold, it is quite enjoyable, with a mild lime flavor and a bit of sweet malt. I'd also say that a bit of caution needs to be heeded while enjoying this beer. I say this because its light taste makes 'em go down so easy that you have to be careful. Anyway, thanks to Mark, I've seen the lite! :lol: And I'm happy to say that it is good!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Bucc58 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:20 pm

See! I told you guys Miller chill was good. Even better when you use it to chase Evan Williams. :twisted:
Joe Young
Bucc58

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:54 pm

What can I say? When you're right, you're right. I bought a 12 pack today and enjoyed a couple with dinner tonight.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby gillmang » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 am

Bob, what about Blanche de Brooklyn, I've had it on draft in the city (e.g. at Grand Central Terminal's oyster restaurant in the basement) and it was great. Is it also a bottled beer?

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Mark » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Unfortunately Gary, I've yet to ever see it bottled. I remember me telling youa bout it and you saying you tried it some time ago but since then I still haven't had the chance to try it nor seen it bottled. :(
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Gary,

I think that I've been able to get the Blanche de Brooklyn in growlers from local LI distributors. That was 2 summers ago though, if my fuzzy memory serves me right. It IS an excellent beer, & now that you've mentioned it, I'm gonna have to go on the prowl to see if I can find it again.
Bob
Brewer

Return to What Ales You