Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

Cookin' in the kitchen with bourbon & Brenda! Come on in and view her recipes or share with us some of your own.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

Unread postby cowdery » Thu May 31, 2007 9:36 pm

This is probably the best bourbon food recipe of things I've actually made and liked well enough to make again. The bourbon really complements the natural flavor of the meat.

Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

Two whole pork tenderloins (1 to 1½ pounds each)
1 ½ cup bourbon whiskey
1 ½ cup orange juice
5 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Crushed red pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Mix ingredients (except the meat) together. Reserve one cup of the resulting liquid for sauce and use the rest as marinade. Pierce the meat with a fork and marinate it for at least one hour. Longer is better. Twenty-four hours is great but very much longer and it starts to get bitter.

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and roast the meat, uncovered, for 1¾ hours. Baste occasionally with the reserved marinade.

In a saucepan, boil the remaining reserved marinade until it is reduced by about half. Serve as a sauce.

Let the meat rest for at least ten minutes after removing it from the oven. Cut into slices ¾” to 1” thick.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:15 am

I betcha I am going to try this, and I betcha my guests and I will drink a toast to Mr Cowdery.

But I also betcha I won't tell my wife (who just retired as of today and will be offering me adult supervision now...........shucks) about the bourbon in the marinade.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby brendaj » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Chuck,
Thanks much for this one, looks great! MikeK and I were just talking about using his Bourbon bread (hope he shares his recipe) to make a stuffing for some pork chops. That marinade looks like it would work great for the chops too.
Bj

Mike, congrats to the wife! Hope you intend to let her put her feet up and spoil her rotten...she's earned it!
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Return to Bourbon Recipes