Comments on Jon's review of Elmer T Lee

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on Jon's review of Elmer T Lee

Unread postby forumadmin » Thu May 31, 2007 1:39 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about Jon's review of Elmer T Lee;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby gillmang » Thu May 31, 2007 1:39 pm

The last two reviews mention earthy notes but not one of the earlier reviews does (unless I missed it). I'd argue this is a relatively recent appearance in the brand, one not to my particular taste.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

ETL

Unread postby Jon » Thu May 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Yeh, I tried it three times to give it a fair shot(s). Hey, look, I made a joke. Anyway, I really tried to like it, but in the end, just didn't. I couldn't shake the flowers and dirt. I tried it in Ale 8 1 and coke and although much more bearable was still disappointed.
Write what YOU smell and taste in an accurate descriptive form and in complete disregard for others posts. Not everyone will share your particular taste, but you very well may succeed in helping them find theirs!
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Unread postby gillmang » Thu May 31, 2007 3:19 pm

I know many who enjoy the taste. Personally however I prefer a blander, sweetish profile. In the BT line-up there are many options, e.g., I like Old Weller Antique 107 a lot (most bottlings) and Rock Hill Farms, also, Hancock's Private Reserve. The higher-proof Blanton's generally please as well.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby TrueBarrel » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Hey folks, been a while since I posted (not that I ever did much anyway). My last couple of bottles have been the Binney's hand-picked - no trace of dirt there. To my taste it's some of the best ETL - rich and sinewy sweet.
TrueBarrel

Binnys

Unread postby Jon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:48 am

Binny's by law can't ship bourbon to Kentucky or Tennessee, so I guess I'm out of luck. Jon
Write what YOU smell and taste in an accurate descriptive form and in complete disregard for others posts. Not everyone will share your particular taste, but you very well may succeed in helping them find theirs!
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Unread postby Jon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:21 pm

4th tasting. Still, it's all about dirt and flowers with sugar. Since I can't bear to waste it, I'm choking it down with coke. Wow, the stuff from this bottle is really disagreeable with my preferences. Like I said, may be it's just this bottle.[/url]
Jon
KY Mastertaster

Unread postby BourbonDrinker » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:12 pm

I must have gotten a bottle of Elmer T. Lee from the same batch as you! After all of the good things I read about Elmer T. Lee I was expecting an excellent Bourbon, but walked away extremly dissappointed. My bottle is collecting dust in the back of my Bourbon library. Maybe I'll try another bottle (this time from Binny's) the next time I buy from them.
Devin
Head Drinker
http://www.BourbonDrinker.com
Bourbon Ratings and Discussion
BourbonDrinker

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion