Comments on gillmang's review of Old Grand Dad

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on gillmang's review of Old Grand Dad

Unread postby forumadmin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about gillmang's review of Old Grand Dad ;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby LogicalFrank » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Care to share which small corner store this was from? Being as it's in my general neighborhood, I might want to swing by and pick some up given your most glowing review here. I didn't like the bottle I got from Sam's much (see my review right below yours) but certainly don't want to count Old Granddad out.
Howdy Doody's past the House of Aquarius. Bring me more whiskey and rye!
LogicalFrank
Ice Giant

Unread postby scratchline » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:00 pm

Great review, Gary. And I'm in total agreement. I was first clued in to the pleasures of the older Old-Grandad when Mike Veach shared some of the 80's era 86 proof with me. Subsequentlty, I purchased the old bottles I could find in California when I was working there. And a couple of months ago I came across some late 70's, early 80's bottles of the Bonded. It's terrific whiskey. And a phenomenal value. To my palate it has a very spicy, citrusy taste that is not only good straight but stands up very well to mixing. I particularly like it with Amer Picon. I would never pass up old bottles of Old-Grandad.

-Mike
"There exist mighty dogs, the dangerous kind who take hold of your heart and do not let go."

-Vicki Hearne
scratchline

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion