a'bunadh day in the Committee Room

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

a'bunadh day in the Committee Room

Unread postby Mike » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Aberlour a'bunadh is a non chill-filtered Single Speyside Malt Scotch Whisky coming straight from the cask at 120 proof. Put a wee skosh of water in her and she goes into a wonderful aromatic pirouette. Lots of malt sweetness washed in heather flowers, hints of the sherry cask, and just a slight nod to the smoke and peat.

The taste follows the nose very closely and has a rich buttery flavor and consistency that is so good. I do declare that even that old reprobate, Mr Bunghole his own self, would find this one has some merit............nah, that is too much to hope for.

As for me, well I would as lief give up my crawlin tractor as my a'bunadh, I would walk a mile in your shoes for a sip of my a'bunadh, I would paint your house for a sip of my a'bunadh, I would quit bull-shitting for a full half day for a sip of my a'bunadh, I would take a sip of Old Crow for a sip of my a'bunadh.

Vive Le a'bunadh! (How's that for mixing metaphorical, and real, languages?). See how a sip of a'bunadh puts one on the path to ridiculousness.........ah, me lads and lassies, I live in the ridiculous, only rarely venturing out of the slime, er, ah, I mean, only rarely venturing into the sublime.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Which Batch you pourin', Mike? I have Batches #8 and #16 open myself, with a #9 heading to Bardstown with me next week.
A month or so ago, I ran across (and shelved, of course) a bottle of the much-praised Batch #14 -- but who knows if I'll ever get around to that? Batch #17 is currently available locally.
Good stuff, and looks like bourbon!
TNbourbon

Unread postby Mike » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Well, ain't life just too interesting, TN old buddy. Me and you got a similiar palate, I'd allow. I am still, right now this very moment, sipping on Batch 12, and, foolish me, have slipped over into drinking it without benefit of water................whee, it is still mighty fine stuff......I am tempted to say the least alcoholic 120 proof spirit I have ever had..............I am not inebriated, having been measuring my doses, but there is a definite buzzing about my head.........must be a fly!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Scotch Whisky