It's Time to Celebrate!

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

It's Time to Celebrate!

Unread postby Brewer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:22 am

Well all you hop heads out there, its time to celebrate, because this years version of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale is now available. At least I was able to buy 2 cases of it yesterday here on LI. I bought all the distributor had, but 1 case was for a buddy of mine. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for more, because this is, as always, a favorite beer at this time of year. The flavor profile is pretty consistent with previous years varieties, but I don't get the heavy citrus/grapefruity flavor that I did from last year. There's a good amount of hops to go along with a full dose of malt. Yum, yum. Keep your eyes open for it & buy all you can, while you can. This stuff has a tendency to disappear as quick as it shows up.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby JH » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up Brewer, a local place usually has the Celebration on tap through the holidays.
Have you had a chance to "test" the Anchor Xmas brew yet, although I don't really know if it's being distributed yet?
Best time of year for beer, IMO, from the Octoberfest to the Xmas beers, & the local place has 100 taps :D .
JH

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:06 am

JH,

I haven't seen Anchor's Christmas brew yet, but it is one that I generally grab a 6 pack of. There's a number of breweries that make Christmas beers that I enjoy, but the Celebration Ale is #1 in my book.

Speaking of Octoberfest, I've been told that Brooklyn Brewery's Octoberfest is mighty fine. I may have to go on a search today for more CA and Bklyn's Octoberfest! :D
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mike » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:12 pm

Brewer and Mark. I have tried 3 of the beers you sent along and enjoyed them hugely. I am saving the Hoptical Illusion, since you have gabbed about it several times and the Toasted lager (sounds interesting) and the Weiss. Weiss is refreshing, but probably my least favorite of the really good beers.

BTW, I have 3 bottles of my home brewed Celebration Ale left and had one last week. It is better now than it was earlier..........go figger.

Another BTW, some friends and I are having a brewing party on the 11th. We are making two five gallon batches of Chocolate Porter. We made that once before and it was the best thing we have ever made. We will be steaming oysters and cooking who knows what else. I am looking forward to it very mucho!! My brother will be there for his first experience in brewing. I hope I can find some Celebration Ale to take along........so far no luck.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby JH » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:13 am

Brewer, try some of the Spaten O-fest if you can find it, my favorite out of the 4 O-fest beers I tried, including the Brooklyn.
JH

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:08 pm

Bob,
There is a new liquor store near me and they have a great selection of bourbon and a decent selection of beer. I bought a 6 pack of the Celebration Ale and poured myself one last night. It was very good with a nice grain flavor and a well balanced hops dryness/bitter tang. I like it quite a bit.

I also picked up a bottle of Spring 93 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon for Brenda. The last bottle they had of the old Birthday Bourbon.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:22 pm

DID SOMEONE SAY BEER?

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby Mike » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:18 pm

I am having a Celebration Ale, a ham, salami, gouda cheese, sour dough bread sammich for lunch today. Is it good? Now, what do you think buddy?

Come on over my house (I am athinning of Brewer, but any of you others would be welcome too) and I'll give you some..........it will put a smile on yo face and you will say, 'Thanks, Mike! You are a nice guy!' And then we will both be happy!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:48 pm

I drank that 6 pack and now I am thinking I need to go get some more. Damn good beer.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to What Ales You