Comments on daniel's review of Knob Creek

Comments and Discussion on Whiskey Reviews found in BE.com's database

Moderator: Squire

Comments on daniel's review of Knob Creek

Unread postby forumadmin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am

This is an automatically created topic for discussion about daniel's review of Knob Creek;.
forumadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby warhawk » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am

Hey, I am from Omaha too!
Warhawk
warhawk

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:01 pm

My brothers in Omha may be paying a midshelf price ($18-$20), but Knob Creek is a top shelf bourbon all the way. It's $40 here in Virginia. At half that price Knob Creek would easily become my everyday pour. I just love that stuff.
bunghole

Different flavor from Beam White& Black

Unread postby Eggman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:35 pm

Howdy,

After acclimating myself to JBW and JBB, I recently bought a bottle of KC. It's well regarded among Bourbon lovers; indeed, JBW is viewed as being a Bourbon equivilant of a base Ford 150, but I digress.
I couldn't adjust to KC's chocolate flavor profile. Chocolate with a burn? I'll admit to having a slight preference for KC neat vs. JBB neat ( JBW neat is a bit strong, even for an LSU grad!) KC neat is rather like biting into one of the barrels that was used for aging JBB! KC tastes alot of Oak, char, chocolate and burn
For me, KC isn't cost superior to JBB. Perhaps KC isn't intended to compete with JBB, but it does for me and I'll take JBB. JBB and JBW taste so good in Diet Coke and that's how I consume 80% of my Bourbon.
Perhaps my inexperienced palate isn't yet ready for a small batch Bourbon?
I think I'll hold off on the KC for awhile. It'll keep just fine 'til i'm ready. :wink:

Eggman
Eggman

Return to Whiskey Review Discussion