Evan Williams Master Distiller's Select

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Evan Williams Master Distiller's Select

Unread postby angelshare » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:08 pm

Does anyone know if EW MDS (boy, that's just too many initials) is an annual bottling? A one time thing? Or something that is continuously bottled in small numbers?

I happened upon a bottle (jug) last weekend. The store manager seemed to think that it was a seasonal item, but VA ABC employees at any level are just not that knowledgeable in my experience.

I haven't tasted it for a long time, but I may again soon since I have a back up jug. I recall that I thought the Millenium was a rip off compared to this, especially given that MDS is half the price.

I seem to recall that Mark likes this one...?
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby Mark » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:48 am

I really don't know Dave if it is an annual thing or something that is ran often. I don't think it was a one time run though because I have seen relative new bottles of it and it first came out in, I think, fall/winter 2001. I remember seeing very old bottles of it from years and years ago with white wx on top but I am guessing that after they made those they stopped it for awhile. This is one of those mystery bourbons I guess! :lol:

I am glad you reminded me that we don't have this one in the database yet. I do have tasting notes on it and will put them up once we get the picture taken of the bottle. Re-reading the notes brought back the memory of drinking this one. Yes, I really did like it and it was quite a shocker when I did finally try it. It's color was a bit on the lighter side but there was still plenty of flavor. I think I wrote how it was nicely balanced between sweet/spice. Keep and eye on the mainpage for added bottlings, we'll try and get it up there soon!
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:38 pm

I've only seen that one 'jugging' from the end of 2001. If I ever see them again I'll be buying 'em!

ima
bunghole

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings