White Bison Bourbon ??

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

White Bison Bourbon ??

Unread postby MikeK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:13 am

Has anyone heard of / know anything about a Bourbon called "White Bison"? It comes in a decanter and was priced at $125. I saw it recently in a Twin Liquors in Austin TX. Looked like Yuppie-bait to me, but I am curious if anyone has the dirt on it. I'll attach a crappy picture below.

Thanks, Mike
Attachments
white_bison.jpg
white_bison.jpg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 5418 times
MikeK
Student of Whiskey
Student of Whiskey

Unread postby doubleblank » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:49 am

If I recall correctly, it is a KY bourbon bottled by McCormick in MO. The decanter originally came in a fancy wooden display case. I recall first seeing them 7 or 8 years ago. Asking price was always high....north of $100. Some friends have some, but never tasted it. Wouldn't expect much from the bourbon inside it......McCormick never fails to disappoint.

Randy
doubleblank

Re: White Bison Bourbon ??

Unread postby tonyac » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:56 pm

I have 3 unopened bottles 750's of White Bison Bourbon in the wooden display boxes. If interested my email is barryeldridge08@insightbb.com
tonyac

Re: White Bison Bourbon ??

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Calling Jeffrey Mozilla!!! I have had this and from what I remember it was surprisingly full of flavor. I don't remember much since it was just about the last in a line of 20 bourbons or so we tasted one evening at Jeff's house. He can shed a little more light on the bottling than I.
drinkdrankdrunk

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings