My favorite beer joke

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

My favorite beer joke

Unread postby Mike » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:08 pm

An Irishman goes into a pub that he has never been in before and orders 3 beers, all at once. He sits at a table and drinks from one glass and then from each of the others in a round robin. He finishes his beers and goes up to the bar and says, 'Aye, and I'll have another round if you please' to the barkeep.

The barkeep says, 'And wouldn't you rather that I give them to ye separately so as to presarve the freshness?' 'No', says the drinker, 'I'm drinkin with me brothers, one is in Amerika and t'other is in Ostrailia, and I'm drinking with them'.

The Irishman becomes a regular in this pub, performing the same ritual of drinking with his far off brothers. At last, one day he comes in and only orders 2 beers. The other patrons notice this and assume the worst and believe that something has happened to one of his brothers. They elect one of themselves to go over and offer condolences. The chosen one goes over and says 'Aye and something has happened to one of your brothers has it? We want you to know how sorry we all are.'

The Irishman, a bit taken aback, replys, 'Not a bit of it....... meself, I've quit drinking!'
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:36 am

Mike,

I tell that joke, but instead of beer, the Irishman's drinkin' a bit of the 'ole Paddy whiskey. It always gets a good laugh!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby BourbonSteve » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Hilarious!!
"Let lovers whine of the pleasures of wine but give me a bourbon and cup. Not any will do you see it's true, I like it from ole Kentuck."
BourbonSteve

Unread postby LogicalFrank » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Nice. Here's mine.

An Englishman, an Scotsman and a Irishman walk into a bar. All three order beers. A fly comes a long and lands in the Englishman's beer. He sets it aside and calls to the bartender to bring him another. The fly moves along and ends up deciding to land in the Scotsman's beer. The Scotsman picks the fly out, tosses the fly aside and continues drinking his beer. The fly, being a very thirsty and resilient fly indeed, is undeterred and lands in the Irishman's beer. Irishman picked up and held it by it's little fly wings and scream, "SPIT IT OUT YA BASTARD!"

(w/ apologies to all the fine Irish people amongst us)
Howdy Doody's past the House of Aquarius. Bring me more whiskey and rye!
LogicalFrank
Ice Giant

Return to What Ales You