Road Trip

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Road Trip

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Fricky and I had the pleasure of hosting Bob (Brewer) and his wife Nancy. They visited us from Long Island New York. We shared a great afternoon with great beers (thanks Bob), lunch, some bourbon and great conversation. It was a pleasure meeting both of them. Bourbon Enthusiasts are just the nicest people.
Joe
Attachments
image0.jpg
image0.jpg (94.53 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Re: Road Trip

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:29 am

Yes, this was definitely a road trip, but well worth it. What an enjoyable afternoon! :D Time flew by. It was great meeting you (Joe), Jean and Mr. Fricky. Both of you guys need to let us know what you think of the beers that I left for you to try, especially the home brew (PM me if the feedback's bad :wink: ). Special thanks to Jean for the wonderful Pennsylvania Dutch lunch. That was very enjoyable. Here's hoping that I get to join you guys for a future trip to KY for the Sampler. :cheers:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby fricky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:41 pm

It is always a pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts and put a face to a name. Today, I sampled the bottle of home brew that Bob gave me. It was exceptional. It had a dark brown color, an incredibly thick head, and was reminiscent of Altbier. Send more.
fricky

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Doug,

I'm glad you liked the beer. I'm going to ask that you and Joe give me a guess at an age statement for that beer. I'll let you know the answer when you've both submitted your thoughts. Regarding sending more, there isn't much left, and if you want some, you'll need to make a road trip to LI. C'mon out here, its not that far. :D
Bob
Brewer

Return to Bourbon Expeditions