WhiskeyFest Chicago Last Night.

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

WhiskeyFest Chicago Last Night.

Unread postby cowdery » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 pm

My report of last night's WhiskeyFest Chicago is here.

One interesting thing I didn't mention there. Louisville tourism had a booth, promoting their Urban Bourbon Trail. I didn't spend much time there since, well, almost every other table in the room had open bottles of whiskey on it and theirs didn't, but it shows some real commitment to promoting Louisville as a destination for whiskey fans. Good for them.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby doubleblank » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Hey Chuck....a young lady showed up at the after party at Delilah's with a box of nice hats. "Just Add Bourbon" was sewed on the front and "Bourbon Country" was sewed on the back. Very nice. A wesite, http://www.justaddbourbon.com was also mentioned but doesn't apparently exist yet. Research indicated, as you say, Louisville wants to be known as the gateway to "Bourbon Country" and are promoting themselves as such. Which means they believe the bourbon trail is becoming a known destination among travelers.

Adding to your notes in Chicago, the Death's Door whiskey was very interesting. At the Twisted Spoke we tried some that had been aged about one month in a small charred oak barrel. It had picked up a fair amount of color in that month, but only traces of oak and vanilla were showing up. I hope they keep making and ageing their whiskey.

Randy
doubleblank

Unread postby barturtle » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm

I found a video where they mention this trail, they hit a few of the spots downtown.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?titl ... 1127778096
barturtle

Return to Bourbon Expeditions