All Mike Night

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

All Mike Night

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 am

Last night here in Louisville at Bourbons Bistro was the first "All Mike Night". Although there were some honorary Mike's there and Michael Hack (by phone from California). This is bourbon festival week and this kind of kicked it off for those who were here from out of state. Here's a few pictures. Someone else might want to contribute some more information. We had some great tastings.

Gayle
Attachments
DSC01069.JPG
DSC01069.JPG (152.14 KiB) Viewed 11693 times
DSC01068.JPG
DSC01068.JPG (151.06 KiB) Viewed 11693 times
DSC01066.JPG
DSC01066.JPG (144.25 KiB) Viewed 11692 times
DSC01059.JPG
DSC01059.JPG (147.33 KiB) Viewed 11691 times
DSC01058.JPG
DSC01058.JPG (142.88 KiB) Viewed 11689 times
DSC01057.JPG
DSC01057.JPG (149.67 KiB) Viewed 11689 times
DSC01056.JPG
DSC01056.JPG (152.98 KiB) Viewed 11686 times
DSC01055.JPG
DSC01055.JPG (146.08 KiB) Viewed 11686 times
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Bucc58 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Looks like a great place and a good time to be had. Maybe someday I will make one of these events and get to meet all you fine people. :D
Joe Young
Bucc58

Unread postby Mark » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Looks like a fun time was had by all! I hope that Bob and I can get out to KY next March, it is looking good, and that we can have a get together with numbers like this. It can't come fast enough 8-)
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm

I sure hope so Bucc58. We'll do our best to see that you have a good time.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:27 am

Well, it is clear that your point of focus on the first two shots was cleavage bound.

It's heart warming to see fricky flying the first national flag of the Confederate States of America on his cap.

Brendaj & Prof. Veach look to be in good spirits as does Bourbon Joe.

Gayle, you need to put names with the rest of those faces including 'the twins'! :lol:

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:23 am

Linn,
Don't forget that the person who designed those "Stars and Bars" is buried just a few miles away from the Bistro at Cave Hill.

That is Charles Miller and his friend Maria.

MikeK and ArtL were also there but MikeK had to leave early - He won the black and white photograph division of the photo contest at the Bourbon Festival and had to go pick up his bourbon barrelhead award. Congrayulations Mike, once again! Having seen your website I am quite confident that the photograph was an excellent picture.

Mike from Georgia did not make the trip to Kentucky after all due to an illness in the family. Hopefully we can get him up here at some other time, maybe next spring when Mark and Bob are talking about making the trip. We still had plenty of Mikes. Besides myself and MikeK, ChuckMick decided that his list name was "Michaelwright" for the night. Mike Hack was on the phone with us. Chef Michael Crouch came out for a cigar and some drinks. The was customer at the Bistro who is involved in one of the local liquor stores who is a Mike so he joined us for a drink and a cigar. The real suprise was when Joe's son Bob showed up out of nowhere and joined us for cigars and drinks.

It was great night following a great day of giving Mike. Art, Joe and Doug the tour of Shively and the U.D. Archive.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Hey bunghole, I don't always know everyone's name. And, by the way, I take pictures of everyone at our events. I don't control the clothes they wear. Maria was a very nice lady, and pretty. The object of my photo was not cleaveage (as you suggested)!

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:15 am

Thanks to all of you for making "All Mike Night" a real good time. Great photos Gayle. I'll include a couple.
Joe
Attachments
image70.jpg
image70.jpg (25.26 KiB) Viewed 11589 times
image69.jpg
image69.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 11589 times
image68.jpg
image68.jpg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 11589 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:38 pm

Mark wrote: I hope that Bob and I can get out to KY next March, it is looking good, and that we can have a get together with numbers like this. It can't come fast enough 8-)

Please keep us informed about this. If you can pull this off you just might have two more Yankees to deal with.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Mark » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 pm

Oh most definitely! We sure hope to be able o make it and baring any unforseen circumstances i is pretty much set. We're talking more late March than April... Hopefully a bunch of us can get together, it'd be great to see new as well as old faces!
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:22 pm

bourbonv wrote:
Mike from Georgia did not make the trip to Kentucky after all due to an illness in the family. Hopefully we can get him up here at some other time, maybe next spring when Mark and Bob are talking about making the trip.

Sorry I was unable to make the trip. My 88 YO aunt had a stroke on the Sunday before we were to depart and died the next week. She and my uncle had no children, so it fell to the closest family members to take care of him since at 90, he cannot be left alone. My wife and I have been away from home for three weeks now with only short trips home to check on things.

Fortunately, I got Verizon wireless broadband for my laptop today and it works OK from my uncle's farm, better than the cell phone, which works poorly.

I have tentative plans in March, but still may be able to make it up there if the get together works out.

As I told Mike Veach in an email today, I am not suffering for bourbon since I brought along the 8 YO WT (a great bourbon for sure), some Rare Breed, some SW Old Fitz, and some 21 YO Rittenhouse Rye.

Next time I go home I will plunder my bar for some 16 YO Hirsch, some Pappy 15 and 20 YOs, some Lot B, some Pure KY XO, and anything else I can git in my pockets.

Barleycorn left me a note saying he was going to spend the winter in Florida with a pack of greyhounds (damn dog is running with a fast crowd and will probably need to be bailed out......again!).

P.S. Thanks for the pics Gayle..............sorry my wife and I were not in them.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby MikeK » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Mike,

I've been meaning to drop you a PM, I hope you're holding up well. We all missed you at the festival, but I'm sure we'll meet up soon enough. Sounds like you have a nice flock of Turkey to keep you company, just keep a watchful eye on the dog...
Mike
"The only way to drink Bourbon is straight, and preferably straight from the barrel."
MikeK
Student of Whiskey
Student of Whiskey

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Mike,
We did indeed miss you at the "All Mike Night" and I do hope that there will be another chance to do the event. March is a possibilty, but so is next September.

I thought of another option the other day. It has been a while since I have been to Dickel and I really would like to see the place since they re-opened. Maybe we can make a meeting halfway in Chatanooga or something. We might even get some other BE people to join us there.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:40 pm

bourbonv wrote:I thought of another option the other day. It has been a while since I have been to Dickel and I really would like to see the place since they re-opened. Maybe we can make a meeting halfway in Chatanooga or something. We might even get some other BE people to join us there.

A good idea indeed, Mike. My life is still not my own yet while we work out something for my uncle. But, when I am back in my own saddle, let's see what we can work out.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby NeoTexan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:13 am

Mike wrote:
a pack of greyhounds (damn dog is running with a fast crowd and will probably need to be bailed out......again!).

P

I love reading your posts.
NeoTexan

Return to Bourbon Expeditions