Bourbon and cigars at the BBC

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon and cigars at the BBC

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Last night the local cigar club held a Bourbon and Cigars night at the local microbrewery - the BBC (Bluegrass Brewing Company). The ticket price was $25.00 and Kremer's Tobacco Shop provided everyone with a cigar - I took the Punch Maduro. The BBC had samples of their beers including the Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout. The distilleries represented were Jefferson Reserve, Jim Beam, Julian Van Winkle, Four Roses, and Woodford Reserve. They were pouring Jefferson Reserve, Sam Houston, Basil Hayden, Jim Beam Black, Knob Creek, Van Winkle 12yo, Pappy 15 yo, Pappy 20yo, Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Small Batch, and Woodford Reserve. Food was provided by some local restaurants including the Bourbon's Bistro. I would say about 75 to 100 people came and a good time was had by all.

There was no organized tastings or events. The night was simply a night of mingling with the people who came and touring the Brewery while enjoying fine food, beer and bourbon capped with a cigar or two. The Cigar Club members were very freindly and they enjoy their bourbon. There were about 7 or 8 members of The Bourbon Society there as well and it looks like we will gain a few new members from the Cigar Club. Gayle Hack was there and maybe he will provide a few photos of the event.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Brewer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:10 pm

Mike,

That's a great deal for the price...beer, bourbon, food, ceegars and all for $25! An event like that in NY (ie WhiskyFest) goes for over $100. One of these days, I'm gonna need to move to KY! Glad you had a good time.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:48 pm

Yes Mike, it was a fun night. Casual, informing and some good tastings. I joined in on the tour of the brewery in the back of the building and it was interesting. I'll have to size my pictures before I can post them, but I'll work on it.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Re: Bourbon and cigars at the BBC

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:52 pm

bourbonv wrote: I took the Punch Maduro.

Wise choice Mike.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Thank You Joe. I thought so myself. I do not remember what the other cigar they were passing out was. Maybe Gayle will remember since he had one.

Bob,
Kentucky would be well enriched if you did move here. Events like these are not overly common but they do happen.

Julian and Preston decided to take a tour of the Brewery and asked me to sit in and pour for them. Since I was right next to Al and Patty from Four Roses and was talking top them anyway, I said sure. I think I talked many people into a deeper appreciation of the 12yo while back there. I did empty a bottle of 15 and had to open another for them. It was a good time talking bourbon.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:25 pm

You see! This is why Mike has the nickname of "BW" Julian didn't ask ME to sit in for them. So, I took the tour with Julian, Preston and a few others.

Gayle
Attachments
Mike & Martha.JPG
Mike & Martha.JPG (18.45 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
Julian.JPG
Julian.JPG (12.53 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
Jefferson Reserve.JPG
Jefferson Reserve.JPG (15.94 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
Gayle.JPG
Gayle.JPG (18.55 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
Four Roses.JPG
Four Roses.JPG (13.99 KiB) Viewed 5162 times