Philadelphia Whiskeyfest

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Philadelphia Whiskeyfest

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:37 pm

A bunch of us had a great time at the Philadelphia Whiskeyfest on Thursday night. Buffalo Trace had three tables with all their wares including the entire 2006 BTAC and Van Winkle 20. Alot of other distilleries were represented such as Brown-Foreman, Heaven Hill, Barton, Wild Turkey and Beam. This fest is a lot cheaper than the New York and also has many less people so you can get up close and personal with the industry people and Master Distillers.
Joe
Attachments
image1 (Medium).jpg
image1 (Medium).jpg (38.87 KiB) Viewed 7424 times
image0 (Medium).jpg
image0 (Medium).jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 7424 times
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Re: Philadelphia Whiskeyfest

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:08 am

JoeBourbon wrote:A bunch of us had a great time at the Philadelphia Whiskeyfest on Thursday night. This fest is a lot cheaper than the New York and also has many less people so you can get up close and personal with the industry people and Master Distillers. Joe

Joe,

Glad you had a good time at the 'Fest. Is this run by Malt Advocate? If not, who sponsors it? The NYC Whiskeyfest has gotten so damn expensive that my buddies and I haven't gone for the last 2 years. How much green is needed to gain admission to the Philly 'Fest?

Thanks for posting the pix too! :)
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:30 am

Bob,
The Philadelphia Whiskeyfest is run by Philadelphia Magazine in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. Proceeds usually go to charity. This year it was the Philadelphia Zoo. It is always held in the Crystal Tea Room of the John Wannamaker Building, downtown.
Cost is $85.00. We always get our 85 bucks worth. It is usually held several days after New York's. The PALCB also has a outlet there. You can buy just about anything, including the entire BTAC.
Joe :)
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:42 am

Joe,

My first NYC Whiskeyfest cost about $85 to attend. As a Malt Advocate member, I was able to get 1 hour earlier admission for that price, and I was able to buy tickets for my friends, who could also get in early. Now, the cost is well over $100, and if you want early admisssion, you gotta fork over more money, regardless if you are a MA member or not. I'd just as soon save my money so I can buy some of LeNell's Red Hook Rye!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mike » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:31 pm

Joe, you have the look of a man who enjoys himself immensely. Thanks for the photos and the description.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon Expeditions