Four Roses Cox's Creek

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby daisy3d » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:50 pm

It makes a lot of sense to me and I think it should be kept that way! Cool. Looks like it was a great time too.

Cheers, Phil & Jen
Phil D.
Brooklyn, MI
daisy3d

Unread postby brendaj » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:53 pm

Mike,
I'm pretty sorry I missed these events too.
I would have loved to check out the new Muhammad Ali Center...and at the same time, stand around speculating with y'all about where the Bourbon in this year's HH Single Barrel release was distilled... :lol:

But, I am really sorry I missed the 4 Roses one. I have to agree with you 100%...
Today I received a birthday card from Four Roses signed by Jim, Yomiko and Julie. I really like the way they are running this club!

I got a birthday card from Jim Rutledge back in April (actually it was a belated card, that made it pretty cute). It wasn't just a printed thingy, it was an actual hand-written note. I chuckled at the authenticity, but later came to realize I was so wrong. Jim had actually written it.
They're reaching out in a way that doesn't accentuate the commercial, and for that I am grateful. Also, their Small Batch rocks!
Bj
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:24 pm

Just to further compliment Four Roses, I got a birthday card too. There were hand written notes from Jim, Yumiko and Julie. They really are going out of their way to do things right and very personable.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Four Roses keeps getting it right. Last week I received a Christmas Card signed by all of the staff (really signed, not autopenned). Yesterday I received a pair of Mellow Moments Club, Four Roses jiggers. The Four Roses people are doing the Mellow Moments club right.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:46 pm

Mike is right about Four Roses. I also received the same items from them this week. They are like family.

Gayle Hack
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby MikeK » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:43 pm

I got the card yesterday. I showed it to a couple people at work, they were totally blown away. The people at FR are the best.
Mike
"The only way to drink Bourbon is straight, and preferably straight from the barrel."
MikeK
Student of Whiskey
Student of Whiskey

Previous

Return to Bourbon Expeditions