Bourbon's Bistro Dinner

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon's Bistro Dinner

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:04 pm

I know many of you are coming into Louisville next week for the Sampler. I also know that many of you expressed an interest in having dinner at the Bistro on Wednesday night. If you are still interested, let me know. I am going to out htere tomorrow night for a Bourbon Society meeting and I can let them know about how many to expect. The weather is going to be nice and unless it rains, we should be able to eat out on the patio, which also gives us quick access to any bottles i may have stored in the Jeep. (John and Jason don't mind as long as I share.)

For those of you who are here for the Sampler, don't forget it is also the beginning of Derby Week. That means on Saturday morning, if the weather permits, the Balloon race will be taking place. It is worth seeing if you want to get up early for it.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Mike,
As I said before, me and "Fricky" will attend the dinner at the Bistro on Wednesday night. Any idea what time?????????
Joe :)
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:21 pm

The Bistro opens at 4:30. I usually go there from work and get there about 5:30. I am taking Wednesday off but will still plan on getting there between 5:00 and 5:30. Anytime you want to come and join us is fine with me. I will say thought that after about 6:30 parking on Franfort Avenue can be a problem so if you don't want to walk several blocks, come early or take a cab.

Why don't we plan dinner for about 7:00 or 7:30 and plan on drinks before that time for those who want to come early.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Wish I could be there to join you Mike!

You and the Bistro make a good combination of a memorable bourbon evening!
BourbonBalls

Unread postby ChuckMick » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:45 pm

JoeBourbon wrote:Mike,
As I said before, me and "Fricky" will attend the dinner at the Bistro on Wednesday night. Any idea what time?????????
Joe :)

Joe, Mike and Fricky,

If you don't mind I think I will join you on that night. I have some Vintage bourbon that has been calling out for me to drink but I think it has a home elsewhere. I will also bring a bottle of Old GD 91 vintage (I think)

Mike I wish I could have made it tonight but my wife had other plans for me. The Old Charter 12yr is fantastic. What bourbon is for the next month?

ChuckMick
Bourbon is the elixir of choice
ChuckMick

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:41 am

Chuck,
I sorry you could not make the meeting. John and Jason suggested Ancient Ancient Age for next month's meeting.

Everybody,
I told Jason and John there will be at least a dozen of the Bourbonenthusiast people and I also invited members of the Bourbon Society to join us as well. This will give the out of towners a chance to meet some of the local bourbon fans who may not be a member of a forum.

The new patio dining area is very nice and other than the occasional train passing by, it is a great place to meet and talk bourbon. I hope anybody that is in town on Wednesday will join us. There is room for about 40 people on the dining area outside and if the weather is bad, the bar and dining room inside are still great, if a bit more noisy.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Ben and I are planning on coming. Drew Kulsveen and his lovely wife may be joining us as well. Drew's friend who is designing my private whiskey label may be joining us, too. Looking forward to it!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:39 pm

I hope to see many members at the Bistro on Wednesday. By the way, it will also be the first anniversary of the opening of the restaurant.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby angelshare » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:24 pm

Hope you guys have a great time tonight!

Enviously,
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:32 pm

Just picked out the bourbon's I am taking along for tonight. I picked some Weller Centennial from Stitzel-Weller, and Eagle Rare single barrel that is superior to any I have tasted anywhere else, Some Jack Daniel 90 proof, some Cabin Still from the Van Winkle era of Stitzel-Weller and a couple that will just be suprises for the people there. It is going to be a good time tonight.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Ah, shit...........wisht I could be there!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:38 pm

You will be in spirit. I am sure we will take time to drink a few toastes to Mark, Chris, Bob, Linn, Howie, Mike MikeK and all of the others that can't be there other than in spirit.

I still wish Barleycorn could make it bring those bottles he promised.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:38 pm

Mike V.,

Make sure you drink a few for all of us that couldn't be there! I bet y'all will have one hell of a night. For those of you that are driving...be safe!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:55 am

Just a quick report - We had a great time and drank a few toastes to the great people that could not make it to Louisville. I will give a more detailed report later, but I am getting ready to head out to Bardstown for the Barton Tour.

Bob, I am sure we will drink quite a few for you all and especially for Mark and Stacy (Yankeegirl) and then little one to be.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Brewer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 am

I'm glad you all had a good time last evening. Fill us in on the details when you have time Mike.

Also, I bet the Barton tour will be good. It was one of the events that I really wanted to be part of...maybe next time. I'll be looking forward to hearing the details about this as well. Someone's got to find out the deal with VOB 100 Proof; I hope it is just a rumor that they are going to DC the 100.
Bob
Brewer

Next

Return to Bourbon Expeditions