The Magic of American Whiskey

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm

On Monday, April 3rd, Michael Hack and myself are doing a fund raising event at the Bourbon's Bistro. It is a fund raiser for the Farnsley-Kaufman House in Southwest Jefferson County and will involve whiskey tasting and magical feats. The tickets are $50.00 a ticket with the profits going to help the Farnsley-Kaufman House to meet a $200,000.00 Save America's Treasures Grant.

The event will be held at the Bourbon's Bistro and they will provide appetisers and the waitstaff and glassware. We are going to taste every style of American Straight whiskey with the following products being featured:
Mellow Corn Bottled in Bond
Sazerac Rye
Berhaiem Wheat
Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo
Four Roses Single Barrel
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel

Michael Hack will be performing magic tricks with a whiskey theme in between and maybe even during the tasting. He is quite talented and amazing as though who were with at the Bistro before the Bourbon Festival will recall. It should be a good time and the money goes to a good cause. If you live in the area or are going to be in Louisville at that time, you can get your reservations by calling Bourbon's Bistro at (502)894-8838.

I want toi thank Michael Hack for agreeing to do this show with me. I also want to thank Larry Kass at Heaven Hill for the Mellow Corn and Bernheim Wheat, John Vereeke at Buffalo Trace for the Sazerac Rye, Julian Van Winkle for the Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo, Al Young at Four Roses for the Four Roses Single Barrel and Chris Morris for the Jack Daniel Single Barrel. These products were all donated to help keep cost down and profits for the Farnsley-Kaufman House to the maximum.

I hope to see some of you there.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:11 am

Michael Hack made it into town and I met with him and his brother Gayle at the Bistro last night. He discussed what we wanted to do in some more detail and he has an impressive list magical feats to perform. I understand we will even have the spirit of I W Harper's Bowing Man at the show! It is going to be a lot of fun and I hope those of you who live in Louisville or nearby towns will come by and support the Farnsley-Kaufman House.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby ChuckMick » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:09 pm

bourbonv wrote:I hope those of you who live in Louisville or nearby towns will come by and support the Farnsley-Kaufman House.

Mike Veach

Mike,

Looking forward to it. See ya there

Chuck
Bourbon is the elixir of choice
ChuckMick

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:09 pm

The courier-journal did an article in today's Scene. You can go there and read more about the event.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:57 am

This program went well, but was lightly attended. We were competing against spring break week for public schools and the NCAA basketball championship game. That kep attendence down.

The program had some great products tasted and some fun tricks that emphasised the tastings. We also enjoyed an additional treat when JD brought along a 1/2 pint of I W Harper Bottled in Bond 1976-1981 for us to enjoy after the tasting. The group was small enogh that we were able to pour everyone a small taste.

Once again I would like to thank the distilleries that donated whiskey - Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Julian Van Winkle and Brown-Forman. I also want to thank Michael Hack for coming and performing making the tasting a unique event. And finally I want to thank those of you who came and made it so much fun and helped the farnsley-Kaufman House raise some money.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby jdknaebel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Mike,

Both Kirsten and I had a good time at the event. You and Michael done a fine job as hosts. I still want to know how to do that darn card trick! What more can you ask for; good friends, good whiskey, good food, good times and raising some money for a worthy cause. :D

At the next event we have, I will have to break out another old tax strip bottle for us to enjoy. 8-)

JD
jdknaebel

Return to Bourbon Expeditions