Va-MD-DC Get Togeathers

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Va-MD-DC Get Togeathers

Unread postby Cigarnv » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:02 am

Being new to the BE I was wondering if there were any folks who met on a regular or not so regular basis to taste bourbon (and smoke cigars!!) in the VA-DC-MD area? It appears there are quite a few members in these areas that would beckon a tasting now and then.

Thanks so much!
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"
Cigarnv

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Reid,

If you or any other members have the place/space for such an event, I'm sure quite a few would attend.

Linn
bunghole

Unread postby Cigarnv » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:22 pm

Linn, I have done a good many cigar get togeathers, in fact we are doing a dinner this Friday evening at one of the steakhouses up this way. I would suspect that bringing in your own bourbon would be a lot more difficult... even though cigar venues are gettig tough to find.

I am not sure if one could put something in place at a private club, VFW, FOE, etc.??
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"
Cigarnv

Unread postby Virginia Gentleman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Old Glory Bar-B-Que in Washington, DC has a bourbon club. They have over 80 bourbons there. You get a card and everytime you try a new one they mark it off. Once you have tried all the bourbons you get your name on a plaque behind the bar. I think this would be a good place for people to meet.

http://www.oldglorybbq.com/about/bourbonclub.aspx

Scott
Virginia Gentleman

Unread postby Cigarnv » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:26 pm

Plus they allow cigar smoking... ok I am game, whe is the first gathering? I will provide the Havana's!
Cigarnv

Unread postby Virginia Gentleman » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:07 am

I would think a Saturday afternoon would be best. At night parking in Georgetown is not fun and Old Glory gets busy.

Scott
Virginia Gentleman

Unread postby dgonano » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:58 pm

I would certainly be interested!
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby Cigarnv » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:45 am

Gentlemen, let me toss out Saturday March 18th for a potential gathering date for Old Glory in DC. Thoughts, other recommendations...??
Cigarnv

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:06 am

Cigarnv wrote:Gentlemen, let me toss out Saturday March 18th for a potential gathering date for Old Glory in DC. Thoughts, other recommendations...??

Sounds interesting, Reid! It's quite a haul to DC for me. I'd need to meet up with someone in Northern Virginia and let them drive down to Georgetown.

Old Glory sounds nice, but it sure looks expensive! I guess I'd have to drink all 80 bourbons during one visit to get my name on the wall. I'm fairly certian I could do 50 with ease, but 80 is quite a challange.

Linn
bunghole

Unread postby angelshare » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:05 pm

We'd be game, but the 18th doesn't work for us. In fact, right now, our schedule and home obligations are fairly insane on ANY day.

If it's successful, though, keep us posted on a followup date!
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby OneCubeOnly » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:37 pm

Linn, you could certainly come here first and we could carpool into DC, but I'm working on the 18th.

Until I saw the outrageous prices, I was thinking that "Bourbon" would be a good meeting place. They definitely have good selection, but it's an ouchie on the wallet!

Let the rest of us know how Old Glory pans out!
OneCubeOnly

Unread postby Virginia Gentleman » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:38 pm

Cigarnv wrote:Gentlemen, let me toss out Saturday March 18th for a potential gathering date for Old Glory in DC. Thoughts, other recommendations...??

The 18th would work for me.

Scott
Virginia Gentleman

Return to Bourbon Expeditions