Any Get Togethers Planned ?

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Any Get Togethers Planned ?

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Are there any get togethers planned for Louisville just prior to the Sampler? Or is it still to early to plan one. My buddy and I would plan to come down on Wednesday, April 19 and stay one night in Louisville if there is something going on such as a get together at the Bistro, etc. Be nice to spend a quiet evening with y'all in Louisville. Let me know. Thanks.
Joe :flag:
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:38 am

We'll be coming in on Wed. April 26th. Would love to plan some outings. Did you mean the 26th? The 19th is a whole week before, right?
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:03 am

LeNell,
I meant the 26th. Thanks for catching that. We're booked in the General Nelson from Thursday on, that's why I suggested Louisville, but I guess we might get a place in Bardstown on Wednesday for one night.

Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby dale3mike » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:47 pm

How about a meet up at Bourbons Bistro? I've been there twice, now, and I reccomend it highly.

Mike
dale3mike

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:18 am

I have been talking with Mark about getting a group together at the Bistro on Wednesday night for dinner. I have also been talking with Chris Morris about getting us in tihe Early times distillery to see the small scale pot still distillery that they built to see how Woodford would be built. They still use it for experimentation. That would be a Thursday tour at the Early Times distillery in Shively - a distillery not normally open to the public.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:09 pm

bourbonv wrote:I have been talking with Mark about getting a group together at the Bistro on Wednesday night for dinner.
Mike Veach

Mike,
If this materializes, please keep us informed. My friend and I would love to attend.

Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:28 pm

Joe,
Both events will be part of a Bourbonenthusiast schedule, along with the trip Lenell is planning. I will keep everyone informed.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby tlsmothers » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 pm

I'm curious about that Early Times excursion. I've been working on a Barton's visit, but not sure if this will pan out this time or not. Glad to see we've got some fun things lined up. It'll be good to meet and sip together wherever we all end up.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Brewer » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:22 am

Looking forward to these tours...especially hoping that Barton's will pan out since they really don't do "tours". The Bistro sounds cool too.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 pm

I know that LeNell is pursuing Barton's for a tour, but just to let y'all know, I sent them an e-mail inquiring about that possibility as well. As I haven't yet visited Marker's Mark or Heaven Hill, I sent e-mails to them as well to see if they'll do a "special" tour for us. Another that I wanted to contact was Jim Beam, but I didn't see any "contact" info on their website. Anyone with contacts at any of these that could make things happen?
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:07 pm

bourbonv wrote:I have also been talking with Chris Morris about getting us in tihe Early times distillery to see the small scale pot still distillery that they built to see how Woodford would be built. They still use it for experimentation. That would be a Thursday tour at the Early Times distillery in Shively - a distillery not normally open to the public. Mike Veach

Mike,

Anymore info on the ET tour? Since LeNell's set up Barton's for Thursday AM, could we do ET Thursday afternoon?

It seems that there is currently nothing set for Friday afternoon, so I'm going to check Markers Mark &/or Heaven Hill for an afternoon tour if there is interest.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Greg said to give him about 4 hours for Barton's. I do want to stop by the Heaven Hill center, but I may be "toured" out by then. We want to have some time to just relax, too. Maybe go on a hike or have some other outings.
tlsmothers

Return to Bourbon Expeditions