MY FIRST WHISKEY 2005

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

MY FIRST WHISKEY 2005

Unread postby jerome » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:37 pm

OUTSTANDING...OUTSTANDING...OUTSTANDING!
WHISKEY FEST 2005 IN NYC WAS TRUELY A GREAT OUTING FOR A FIRST TIMER.THE PEOPLE WERE GREAT AND THE FOOD GOOD. MY BROTHER IN-LAW,ALSO A BOURBON LOVER HAD A GREAT TIME. HIS FIRST FEST. ALSO. MY FAVORIT ONE THERE WAS PAPPY VAN WINKLE. I ENJOYED THE 20YR. A LOT. NOAHS MILL WAS DECENT. ROWANS WAS ALSO GOOD BUT REALLY SWEET FOR A BOURBON. HELL AFTER A HOUR THEY ALL TASTED REALLY GOOD :partyman: THE BEST PART WAS RUNNING INTO THE DIRECTOR OF MY JOB SITE WHO WAS 2 SHEETS 2 IN THE WIND. HE WAS TRUELY AMAZED THAT WE SHARED A COMMON INTEREST TOGETHER :D HE'S BEEN GOING 6YRS. RUNNING NOW. I SCORED MAYGOR BROWNIE POINTS THAT NITE. WATCH OUT NEXT YEAR.

LONG LIVE BOURBON !
jerome

Unread postby Mark » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Awesome Jerome, glad you had fun! I think Chris was supposed to be there as well so hopefully he has some photos to share.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:30 pm

Jerome,

Glad you enjoyed the event. I've gone for 4 years, and always had a blast. Given the fact that I've been there a number of times previosly, the price of admission has gone up, the selection of whiskies hasn't changed much, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money. They have SO much to taste that you can easily go a number of years and still have things you'd like to try. Maybe I'll go next year if they introduce some new product.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:58 am

I got there late. Rainy night and hard as hell to get a car service to pick me up. Ben drove in from work in NJ so he had the truck with him. arggg

I managed to get ribbed by Chris Morris in his seminar by admitting that I seek out Mellow Corn. :P He showed us the 4 grain. I didn't think it was as bad as folks have let on. Had a bit of a sour nose and finished like a bag of roasted peanuts. I'll still take one if someone finds one for me.

Great to get hugs from the handsome Van Winkle men (ladies, Preston's getting married next month!). That barrel proof Weller that's coming out as part of the Antique Collection is a knockout. So smooth despite the proof.

So many good folks, I just hated to not have more time. We ended the night hanging out at Bar Americain up the street and having a few cocktails with the great folks there.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby jerome » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:05 pm

LeNell we also went out after to the Whiskey Lounge. It's at the bottom of the W Hotel i believe on W47st. Not a really happening place and for the name it sports not a great selection of whiskey :( I'm hoping to visit your store soon as a first timer. I can't wait :D I hear nothing but good things.
jerome

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:23 pm

We'd love to see ya when you can make it out. Yeah, I've been in there, too. Pretty pathetic. There's another place that lists on their awning "bourbon bar" and they have a piss pour selection, too. Lots of talk and no action. :roll:

Bar Americain has a very nice stash, however. I may end up listing places on my web site to visit in NYC just to help out folks like yourself when you are in town.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Return to Bourbon Expeditions