whiskey fest 2005 nyc

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

whiskey fest 2005 nyc

Unread postby jerome » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Hi guy's, This will be my first whiskey fest that i will be attending and i'm pretty excited :D What should i expect ? Anybody have any stories to share ?
jerome

Unread postby Mark » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:06 pm

Have a designated driver and be prepared to drink! :lol: Really though, you'll have a great time. I went last year and meeting the distillers outside of Ky was fun. Chris should be going this year so maybe some of you will meet up with him there.

If ya' stay around at the end you may even see those who can't handle their alcohol very well stumbling out, or worse you'll see sites like this poor soul from last year :lol:
Attachments
44447086725_330_1.jpg
44447086725_330_1.jpg (35.69 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:41 am

Is anyone planning to make Philadelphia's Whiskey Fest on November 10? If you are perhaps we can "hook up" sometime during the fest.
Joe :)
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby jerome » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:05 am

Thanks Mark i'll watch out for those poor souls. My man didn't look too good. As for Philly JoeBourbon, I didn't know they had a fest. taking place on Nov.10. I'll have to inquire about it next year. Is it always around the same date?
jerome

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:12 pm

Jerome,
I don't know, this one will be my first.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby fricky » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:03 am

Jerome,
Last year was the first Philadelphia Whiskey Festival and it was on the sane date as this year's - November 10th. It is sponsored by Philadelphia Magazine. The various spirits are provided by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. They have a "store" set up where you may purchase the various spirits. Although they list George T. Stagg as one of the bourbons available for tasting, we doubt that there will be any available. None has been available in Pennsylvania for quite some time.
Doug
fricky

Return to Bourbon Expeditions