Bourbon Festival and the Bourbon's Bistro

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:55 pm

Dave,
Nobody has mentioned a time yet. I will probably go there about 5:00 and have a few drinks with Jason and John before other people get there, but everybody is welcome to get there early as well. They are open for lunch and then open again for dinner at 4:30. If you need driving directions from Bardstown or any other place let me know and I will see what I can do to get a map on site. The address is 2255 Franfort Ave. 40206 if you want to mapquest directions.

Julian also said something about sipping glasses to show off as well! It looks to be a good time by all. I plan to bring some special bourbons along for Jason and John to try and any one else is welcome to a sip or two as well!

If the weather is nice, I thought we would check out the bar and then enjoy the patio seating. The only bad thing there is the train tracks that run right behind the restaurant. If a train comes by it can get a bit noisy.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:13 pm

Mike all this sounds so exciting to this born-and-raised-in Kentucky-now-living-in-California, guy.

I will be there with my brother and his girlfriend...both very much bourbon enthuisiasts.

I'll also bring along that bottle of Old Petrero we discussed here earlier. I can't bring much in the way of bourbon from California that Kentucky hasnt seen, but maybe this bottle of OP will be fun to taste for everyone.

As far as time, anything works for us . . . just let us know what time for dinner. We might also come by sometime after 5 for a drink at the Bistro as well.....

Looking forward to it...

Michael Hack
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:18 am

I was at the Bistro last night and talked with Jason and John. We reserved the patio for dinner for 10 to 20 people since I was unsure of the final numbers. I told them dinner would be at about 7:00. I figured if others came early, like I plan to do, we would start in the bar with a few drinks and then move to the patio for dinner. I hope this timing is OK with others.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:21 pm

Mike....

This sounds good with me....there will be 3 in my party: Me, My Bourbon Brother, and his Bourbon Enthusiast girlfriend.

We'll probably arrive around 5:30 or so.

Thanks so much for arranging all this and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and all of the Forumites I've had the pleasure of chatting to here.

I'll be bringing that bottle of Old Petrero . . . .

cheers!
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:25 pm

I am bringing along a few bottles to sample as well. It has the makings of a decent party. I hope others will come on down as well.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:16 pm

Somewhere in a post our friend brendaj said she will remember those of us who would like to be there with you but can't for whatever reason.

Remember that we wanted to be there........have a toast to us. You owe it to us to have a wonderful evening (as if you needed any more incentives).

BE Bourbon Festival friends.............WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:48 pm

Mike,
I thought your dog was coming to the Bistro! Has he changed his mind already since he got home.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:50 pm

He's been grounded for watering down the Ridgemont Reserve!!

He's lucky I put up with him, but then, I promised his father!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Mike wrote:Somewhere in a post our friend brendaj said she will remember those of us who would like to be there with you but can't for whatever reason.

Remember that we wanted to be there........have a toast to us. You owe it to us to have a wonderful evening (as if you needed any more incentives).

BE Bourbon Festival friends.............WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Although a number of us NY'ers can't be there, we will be there in spirit. And, we'll be rocking Red Hook Bklyn, like its never been rocked before!!! The Wannabe Bourbon Festival should be fun! Anyone that can't make it to KY, but can make it to NY is invited.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:53 pm

I just talked with Flaget Nally and she is going to try to come with her husband Larry and she is also going to try to get Mary hite to come as well.
Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby jdknaebel » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:40 am

Mike,

Sounds like a good time. Kirsten and I will be there. This will be our first trip to the Bistro!

JD 8)
jdknaebel

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing you there JD1! It has been too long since we last got together. We should try to do better.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby brendaj » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:17 pm

I just talked with Flaget Nally and she is going to try to come with her husband Larry and she is also going to try to get Mary hite to come as well.

Well now, that is just excellent!!!!
I sure hope they can make it.
Bj
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:18 am

The dinner last night at the Bistro went quite well with a good time had by all. I brought along for the tasting pleasure several fine and interesting products such as Rebel Yell 90 proof from the mid 1980's, Conecah Ridge, Joe. Finch, Rx, Harper 12, Maker's Mark 86 proof Gold Wax Private bottling from the late 1960's, Jefferson Reserve 15yo and some Jim Beam from a Jackalope decanter ca. 1970. Julian brought along some 100 proof, 18yo rye that was not chill filtered and sold only in the European market and some 12 yo Family Reserve bourbon. Larry and Flaget brought along some bourbon fudge that Larry made. We had dinner on the Patio and then I shared some fantastic cigars that were sent to me by no other than our own White Lightning and everybody agreed that he is a superior person for sending such great smokes.

The evening lasted until a little after ten o'clock with great bourbon, great food and and great company. The real suprise was to have Mike Hack do some fantastic feats of illusion for us as added entertainment. He was too modest to admit that he is a professional magician in California but his brother spilled the beans and the show began with a good time had by all.

Jason and John were very happy to host this event and it is their wish that it will become a yearly dinner event before the Bourbon Festival. They have my support of that plan. I can hardly wait till next year and I do hope that even more people will join us.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:36 am

Well Slap Me Sideways, And Call Me Jimmy 'Boy' Butler!

You folkes are having WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy tooo much fun!

Happy for ya! Enjoy!

Just remember to take your pants off! :clapthumbsup:

:arrow: imabunghole :discodance:
bunghole

PreviousNext

Return to Bourbon Expeditions