Bourbon Festival and the Bourbon's Bistro

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon Festival and the Bourbon's Bistro

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:10 am

Anybody coming to the Bourbon Festival interested in having dinner at the Bourbon's Bistro? I was thinking a Wednesday or Thursday evening before things really start happening in Bardstown. Jason and John would love to have us and if the weather cooperates, then they will make the patio available to us so we can easily get bottles from our vehicles to share. I am sure they will do other things to help make it a great night for us. Just let me know if you are 1)going to be in Kentucky that early and 2) if you would like to have dinner on one night or the other. If we get enough people, maybe we can talk Julian and Preston into joining us since their office is about 5 minutes away from the Bristro and they do enjoy coming there anyway.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby parshooter » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:17 am

That sounds great but we won't be coming in til Friday. We are going to be in Louisville on Sat night, can you recommend a good place for food and bourbon (price is no object, but nothing too fancy, dress-wise).
parshooter

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:51 am

The Bourbon's Bistro is a good start for dinner. You could then go to 4th Street live and the Maker's Mark Bar which puts you in walking distance of Jockey Silks and the Sealbach. That would be 4 great bourbon bars in one night. I am not sure what I will do that night so don't be suprised if I offer my services as guide (I also give a tour of the distilleries past and present in Shively and downtown).

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby dgonano » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:03 pm

My wife Kathy, son Michael and I will arrive on Wednesday and would were thinking about going to Louisville for dinner. I also will be bringing an old bottle of Old Fitzgerald ( distilled in 1945 ) which I promised to give to Julian. So maybe we can all get together on the 14th.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:12 am

Dave,
That would be great. If Julian does not join us, his office his within 5 minutes of the Bistro. Anyone else interested in dinner?

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:37 am

I'm coming if from California on the 13th . . . my brother, whom I'll be staying with, is about 10 minutes from the Bistro. Love to have dinner and/or a pour with anyone!
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:45 am

That is three of us. I think Brenda might be interested as well so that would be four (plus guest and or spouses). Any other takers?

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:22 pm

Mike....all this sounds great...

I'd like to bring my brother and his girlfriend if thats OK...she is also a bourbon enthusiast!
BourbonBalls

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:23 pm

Mike...one other thing...are we talking Wednesday or Thursday nite?
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:37 pm

My opinion is the more the merrier. The night does not matter to me, you all tell which night you want to go and I will make arrangements with Jason and John. Either works for me at this point.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 pm

Thanks Mike....

Wednesday works for me . . . we may as well kick everything off before heading to Bardstown....ALTHO, Thursday is just as good if that is better for others.

Anyone else? Your best nite?

ALSO...Mike and others, I know that California has really nothing to offer in terms of Bourbon selection, but is there anything I can bring from here to there when I come?

Ever hear of that bulk "Origine". The bottle claims its 8 years old and small batch. It;s been discussed here on the forum as bulk from who-knows-where and bottle in California....

I thought I'd bring along a bottle to share just for novelties sake. I'm doin' my bourbon buyin' in Louisville to bring back with me!
BourbonBalls

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:26 pm

If you are asking if there is anything I personally want I would have to say not really since I have a pretty good selection to choose from here. If you are talking about something to try at the table (Jason and John will probably be joining us to sample a few things), I would say if Old Portero has something new or maybe even a bottle of the aged rye, bring it along since that is one thing we can not get in Kentucky (illegal to mail order here).

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby dgonano » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:45 pm

Mike,

Wednesday would be the best night.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby dgonano » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:50 pm

And if Brenda wants to come with us, she is surely welcome. We will be staying at the General Nelson .
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:10 pm

Mike...is this what you are talking about??

If so, I can get this here in California and will brintg it!

[i][i]"Anchor Old Potrero 18th Century Style (750 ML)

Distilled in a small copper pot still from 100% rye malt and aged for one year in new uncharred oak barrels. This unique whiskey captures
the flavors of the original American grain whiskeys."
[/i][/i]
BourbonBalls

Next

Return to Bourbon Expeditions