Forget Cake: How to Make Your Wife Happy & Have Bourbon Too!

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Forget Cake: How to Make Your Wife Happy & Have Bourbon Too!

Unread postby EllenJ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:39 pm

A few of us bourbon confusiasts live alone. Some by choice; some not.

And others of us have all the free time we want, so travelling to Bourbon Country doesn't involve choosing between what WE'd like to do and what the loves of our respective lives might enjoy.

Of course, some of us are blessed with spouses (spice? speese? mates? BFFs?) who can hardly wait for the next whiskey-trip, but we are few, far-between, and very VERY lucky.

Not long ago I came across an article written by Lisa Beckelhimer that I KNOW you want to print out and leave next to your significant other's coffee for their perusal. A good time to do this would be the morning of the day you want to ask her/him about spending a few hard-earned vacation days (and not-so-few hard-earned dollars) tooling around Kentucky visiting distilleries instead of feeding sand fleas and drinking popsicle-colored margaritas.
Or perhaps next summer when the call of rural Pennsylvania begins to beckon even more strongly.

Lisa is the wife of bloggist Tim Beckelhimer (which qualifies her for membership in the "World's Most Tolerant Spouses" league) and a helluva fun writer in her own uh,.... right. Attached below is a PDF file named "Forget the Cake: Here’s How to Make Your Wife Happy and Have Your Bourbon Too", which is posted on her husband's nifty blogsite, http://www.thebourbonguys.com and should be required reading for anyone who needs a little help getting from "Yes, Dear, we'll talk about it later" to "Cool! We're gonna have a GOOD time".

Forget-the-Cake.pdf
By Lisa Beckelhimer
(519.96 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Re: Forget Cake: How to Make Your Wife Happy & Have Bourbon

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Fun read, John. Thanks for posting. :)
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Forget Cake: How to Make Your Wife Happy & Have Bourbon

Unread postby Mike » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 am

I enjoyed this, John. Not having been to several of these distilleries, it Makers me want to visit them.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Bourbon Expeditions