Newbies first bourbon trip

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Newbies first bourbon trip

Unread postby Sierra Tango II » Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi. I have been a lurker for a little while and have been enjoying bourbon for the last few years. For my 40th birthday a friend of mine and I have decided to ride our motorcycles from Michigan to bourbon country and experience it firsthand. Our female companions will be following us down in the car (As much as I love my Harley, it tends to lose a few parts here and there on long trips), so this is going to be couples trip. On Friday night we are staying at the Gault in Louisville and on Saturday night at the Rabbit Inn B&B in Versailles. Our intentions are to visit Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve and Four Roses. Ive read through the other threads and have found some pretty good info. Does anybody have anything else they would like to share or offer? Maybe any others that have made the trip on a bike. Im really looking forward to this trip, its a bucket list thing. Thanks
Sierra Tango II

Re: Newbies first bourbon trip

Unread postby Pa.hunt » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm impressed of www.bourbonenthusiast.com , I need to say. Really not often do I encounter a phorum that's each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the difficulty is one thing that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I'm very blissful that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for something regarding this.
Pa.hunt

Re: Newbies first bourbon trip

Unread postby EllenJ » Wed May 29, 2013 8:27 am

Sierra Tango II wrote:...Our intentions are to visit Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve and Four Roses. Ive read through the other threads and have found some pretty good info. Does anybody have anything else they would like to share or offer? Maybe any others that have made the trip on a bike...

Visit Four Roses & Wild Turkey first, then head over to Versailles and either visit Woodford or do that the next morning. When you leave out of Woodford you'll be on McCracken Pike, which runs along Glenn Creek, heading toward Frankfort. A couple miles up the road you'll pass through the little village of Millville, and right after that you come to the ruins of the Old Taylor castle and the Old Crow distillery. These are not open to the public, of course, but there are turnouts where you can stop and look.
=JOHN=
(the "Jaye" part of "L 'n' J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
EllenJ

Return to Bourbon Expeditions