Kentucky Bourbon Festival Bardstown Spring Sampler 2013

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby jtwebb56 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

This year's KBF Spring Sampler will be a little different than in the past. On Friday, April 26th Racing With The Spirits is back from hiatus. This will feature sampling from all the major distilleries, mint juleps, simulcast horse racing and betting on races with play money for bourbon related prizes. Saturday April 27ths KBF Sampler will also be amped up from years past with catered food this year.
jtwebb56

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Festival Bardstown Spring Sampler 2013

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Hey JT, are you still giving 10% to the bourbon boys??
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby fricky » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am

Bourbon Joe and I will be in Louisville April 22, 23, and 24 before driving to Bardstown on April 25. We will be at Bourbons Bistro Wednesday, April 24. Mike Veach will be joining us. If anyone is interested, please join us. We will be there at about 5 PM. If you do not see us at the bar, check the patio outside. It is an opportunity to meet Mike and if you have one, get your book signed.
Doug
fricky

Unread postby gillmang » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I report on these on SB basically but will add here it was a first-class event. Didn't have too much luck with the oldies on the table, most seemed off in flavor due to long bottle storage. A couple from the 70's were very good though and the best older one was a circa-1950 Old Forester which was not that different from that brand today, a little more nutty perhaps and less citric.

Great to see some older faces there which some here will remember including Bettye Jo and the courtly Bobby Cox and his wife. A fine time enhanced by the unusually cool weather, it's not easy to sip neat in 85 F.

I (re-) toured Four Roses and Heaven Hill in the company of a friend who was a first-time attendee to the area, and the tours just get better.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat May 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Doug and I had a great week in Kentucky. Three days in Louisville where we got to meet up with our buddy Gail Hack. We also went to Bourbon's Bistro where we met Mike Veach and a bunch of people from Canada. Mike signed our books and had dinner with us. We dearly love to spend time with y'all. We probably won't make it down in September because Doug and I will be in the German Alps. We'll see you all again next April. Let's all hope for a BE get together in June.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby DorothyLype » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:49 am

I remember when they were hit by a tornado and released a "Tornado surviving bourbon". Well see if they release a special theft edition too, then?
DorothyLype

Return to Bourbon Expeditions