Bourbon's Bistro

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Bourbon's Bistro

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:46 am

If you ever get a chance to come to Louisville, there is going to be a new place to check out. I got a sneak preview yesterday at the place that is going to be called "Bourbon's Bistro". It is located on Franfort Avenue and it is a restaurant with a bourbon themed menu. The prices look to be very competative with other restaurants in the area and entree's look delicious.

The best part is they are going to have a complete bourbon bar. They have over 120 bourbons listed on their menu with a variety of styles - from Tom Moore to Distiller's Masterpiece. The bar itself is very nice, made out of barrel staves (unused so there is no danger of getting char on cothes) that curces toward the front of the room allowing a view onto the street.

The owners want to spend the time to educate their workers on bourbon so they can give customers an informed opinion when asked. That is a plus in todays world. The building is an old early 20th century building with some charm on the exterior and it has been decorated with photographs of distilleries past and present.

I hope the place lives up to its promise and if you are in Louisville, you check it out.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby gillmang » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:54 pm

This will be a great experience for me and I am honored to be there.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby bucky1 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:00 pm

Mike,
When will it open?

Jon
bucky1

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:45 am

Next Tuesday unless there is a glitch with the liquor license.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:19 am

I hope Gary has a digi-cam! :camera: Photos Please! :smilieflash:
bunghole

Unread postby gillmang » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:54 pm

Gents hi-tech ain't my specialty as you can see when I have to give click instructions to locate a web page because I don't know how to link it directly to this board. But I'm better with words so I'll give a description at least that way. Maybe Mike Veach will have a camera.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:00 pm

gillmang wrote:Gents hi-tech ain't my specialty as you can see when I have to give click instructions to locate a web page because I don't know how to link it directly to this board. But I'm better with words so I'll give a description at least that way. Maybe Mike Veach will have a camera.

Gary

We're doomed! :roll:
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:07 am

Gary,
As you can tell, Linn knows I am less of a techy than you are! But, I am going to get the bar to send me some images and post them.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:46 am

Mike,

This sounds like a GREAT place. I especially like the idea that the owners will be educating their staff, so that the consumer will have access to basic info, which is so sorely lacking so often. Hopefully next time I'm in the area, I'll get to check it out!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:30 am

I think this is going to be my favorite bourbon bar. I am also talking to the owners about maybe doing something with a wireless computer link and a laptop so that the patrons can come to this site and look at reviews of products before they buy. Still talking and nothing definite, but an interesting possibility.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:06 pm

bourbonv wrote:I am also talking to the owners about maybe doing something with a wireless computer link and a laptop so that the patrons can come to this site and look at reviews of products before they buy. an interesting possibility.

Mike Veach

Mike,

That would be very cool! What a great way for a customer to try something new...hear about it from the staff, and then have an opportunity to see what us enthusiasts have to say. I'd think it would be a great PR move for that bar, and would definitely set them apart from other bars. Keep us posted.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:48 pm

Tobacco Friendly, I Trust? Cigars? Pipes? Cigarettes?
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:22 pm

Smoking in the bar, but not the restaurant. I think this is a good arrangement. Of course if a smoking ban goes into place in Louisville, that could change.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:38 pm

A Smoking Ban In Louisville????

If Louisville bans smoking - I'll ban Louisville.

You can find a smoking ban anywhere. A good reason to travel to Louisville/ Kentucky is to be able to smoke!

No Smoking In Kentucky? Good Reason to stay in Virginia or North Carolina!

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby brendaj » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:33 pm

So hey guys,
Mike said:
If you ever get a chance to come to Louisville, there is going to be a new place to check out. I got a sneak preview yesterday at the place that is going to be called "Bourbon's Bistro". It is located on Franfort Avenue and it is a restaurant with a bourbon themed menu. The prices look to be very competative with other restaurants in the area and entree's look delicious.

and Gary said:
gillmang wrote:This will be a great experience for me and I am honored to be there.

Since you've both been there, or obviously know the folks opening this wonderful place, tell me about them please....
I'll get down there just as soon as I can, and I'll shoot some photos (if no one else has already). I want to know about the people behind the project. They gotta be cool... :thumbright:
Bj
As a Kentuckian, I consider it my civic duty to drink Bourbon, smoke and bet the ponies. Its a tuff job, but someone has to do it...
brendaj

Next

Return to Bourbon Expeditions