Filson Events

Share your bourbon related travel stories with us here.

Moderator: Squire

Filson Events

Unread postby bourbonv » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 am

If you are in Louisville the the first of March, the filson Historical Society is having two bourbon events. On March 1st at 6:00 Chet Zoeller is going to be speaking on "Kentucky's Bourbon Barons". Jefferson Reserve is furnishing the bourbon for the reception afterwards. On March 3rd I am doing a one day Filson Bourbon Academy. The Academy already has filled 18 of the 25 seats, but if you are interested, there is stil time to get into the class. The Zoeller event is $20, $15 if you are a member of the Filson Historical Society. The Academy is $100. Great events and the money all goes to support the Filson.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Re: Filson Events

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

For those that could not make it to the Filson Bourbon Academy, here is a link to John Lipman's page describing his experience at the Academy: http://www.ellenjaye.com
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby bourbonv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 am

I am doing two more filson Bourbon Academies. They are both one day events that are 8 hour classes with lunch. The Filson Academy will be on Saturday, September 29. The second one will be at the Columbia Yacht Club in Chicago on October 2nd. For more details check out the Filson website. Also see the previous post for John and Linda Lipman's experience here in Louisville last March.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby GaryV » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I just made my reservations for the Oct. 2nd event in Chicago and am really looking for to meeting you Mike. After reading about it on John and Linda's website, how could I not go? :D Anyone else from the site attending? It looks to be an informative and fun day!

Gary
GaryV

Return to Bourbon Expeditions