Every now and then - along comes something great!!

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Every now and then - along comes something great!!

Unread postby Mike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I have been asipping this and that today, not much of anything in particular. I might compare it (with some arrogance of course) to a musician practicing his scales (staying in tune, as it were), but all those sampled were good to excellent bourbons in my humble opinion.

THEN, I pulled out my $89 bottle of Parker's Heritage Collection 10 YO Wheat Bourbon. The bourbon magician Parker Beam at Heaven Hill pulled an elephant from his hat with this one.

This one has it all............rich deep sweetness with an incredibly thick mouthfeel, perfect balance between its dry oaky parts and its sweet parts, a moderate finish that does justice to and holds all the elements in symmetry as they glide down. Only takes a bit of water to open the gates to bourbon heaven.

Superlatives always pale before the truly great. Us mortals can only rarely partake in this level of greatness. Do it if you can. My arrogance will be on full display here, because if you don't think this bourbon is truly great, take yourself back to square one and begin over as if you had never in your life had a sip of bourbon.

This one is for the ages!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Re: Every now and then - along comes something great!!

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 am

Agreed, Mike! Bourbon Joe stopped over on his way back from Flordia, and let me sample some. It is a truely great bourbon well worth seeking out.
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: Every now and then - along comes something great!!

Unread postby libertybar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Yeah, that's some tasty bourbon. All the Parker's Heritage is damned good. I have a 27yr that I've not yet opened... But I do wonder...
Liberty Bar - Seattle, Washington
President - Washington State Bartender's Guild
Founding Member - Washington Distiller's Guild
libertybar

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings