Four Roses

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Four Roses

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:54 pm

[b]
Today, myself and about 30 other people attended a sneak preview of the new Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch. It's wonderful! It's a combination of the OBSV-15 year old, OBSK-11 year old and OESK-10 year old. It's 110.2 proof. We had food and then a tasting at the Lawrenceburg distillery. Four Roses is a class act!

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Re: Four Roses

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Bourbon HQ wrote:[b]
Four Roses is a class act!

Gayle

Agreed.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby sailor22 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 am

Four Roses is a class act!

Indeed!

can you describe how the limited editions are different that the shelf 4R small batch?
sailor22

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:23 am

It's just a marriage of different yeasts, along with 3 different recipes. It produces a very different nose and taste. Very spicey, fruity and long finish that is very pleasing. This will replace the Mariage collection from now on.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 am

Gayle,
Is the bottle dated (ie.2010) ?
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Yes, on the front of the bottle it says Small Batch 2010 release.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby fixbonz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:31 am

sounds similar to 2008 and 2009 releases - did they just get tired of calling it "mariage" and now just call it limited edition small batch? fixbonz
fixbonz

Unread postby bluedog20175 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Funny. When we were there this week, I asked what the difference was between a "Mariage" and a blend. They said since Four Roses has a blended whiskey already, they prefer to call it a Mariage. "Mariage" sounds like a "Marriage" at an expensive chapel, not the local Justice of the Peace. :)
“Sure I eat what I advertise. Sure I eat Wheaties for breakfast. A good bowl of Wheaties with bourbon can't be beat.” -- Dizzy Dean
bluedog20175

Unread postby libertybar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm

good, sure - but I really love the Single Barrel bottles. They do a number of them, the regular Single Barrel, usually some kind of Anniversary one, and then every year they do a special version that blends their mashbills and yeasts. Sadly, one can only buy it at the distillery once a year... Last year's was using what they call their 'floral yeast'. Really, really delicious.

Hardly surprising that they are owned by Kirin, 'eh? It surely has the Japanese sensibility.
Liberty Bar - Seattle, Washington
President - Washington State Bartender's Guild
Founding Member - Washington Distiller's Guild
libertybar

Unread postby gregusmeus » Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 am

libertybar wrote:good, sure - but I really love the Single Barrel bottles. They do a number of them, the regular Single Barrel, usually some kind of Anniversary one, and then every year they do a special version that blends their mashbills and yeasts. Sadly, one can only buy it at the distillery once a year... Last year's was using what they call their 'floral yeast'. Really, really delicious.

Hardly surprising that they are owned by Kirin, 'eh? It surely has the Japanese sensibility.

I've got a bottle of 2009 OBSQ Single Barrel sitting right in front of me. It's quite possibly the only bottle in the UK as my buddy brought it all the way from San Fran last week (purchased at D and M Wine). I love drinking it but when it's all drunk it's gone...so my hand is kinda hovering about the bottle not knowing what to do :?
gregusmeus

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings