Four bourbons

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Four bourbons

Unread postby Mike » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:09 pm

I am taking a cue from bunghole and posting another 'in praise of' thread. I am sitting here drinking (side by side) ORVW 15 YO, Pappy Van Winkel Family Reserve 15 YO, A H Hirsch 16 YO, and Wild Turkey Tribute (15 YO) bourbons.

I am quite sure that you veterans have experiened many such moments. But this is a first for me. This is truly bourbon nirvana.

I have done side by sides with excellent scotchs, great beers, and wonderful cognacs............but nothing compares in my spirit(ual) experience to having these fabulous bourbons at my disposal. I know of no other gustatory experience in my life that has been this sweet. I sincerely wish you were here!!

Hallelujah bourbon brothers and sisters......I have found the bourbon promised land!!!!!!!!!

You will, of course, pardon me for being slightly 'in my cups'!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:39 pm

Now that's livin' large, Mike! As Dean Martin used to say, "You're not drunk if you can lie down without holdin' on". :lol:

That's also quite an interesting foursome you've got there. The juxtaposition of the flavor profiles will be very pronounced. I've found informal comparisons such as this can easily lead one to pick out many of the subtlties in a bourbon you might easily miss by just concentrating on it alone.

Good Work! I applaud your bourbonic research efforts. :salute:

:arrow: ima :sunny:
bunghole

Unread postby Mike » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:46 pm

Mr. bunghole,

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings