Spring Release of Stagg

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Spring Release of Stagg

Unread postby tlsmothers » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:49 pm

Just got good news from Kris Comstock that there's talk of a spring release of 16 year 8 month old Stagg from floors 2 and 4 in Warehouse Q. :notworthy: No proof info available yet. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby The Whiskey Viking » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:26 pm

Man I'm glad this is Valentine and not an Aprils fool.
That's great news for all of us who can't seam to get enough of Stagg.
Thank you BT :thumbright:

Thomas
The Whiskey Viking

Unread postby Mark » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:18 pm

Just got home and got the info too, sounds promising.

Here's a bit more info to really make most of us slobber:

Ronnie Eddins, our warehouse manager of 43 years, has been carefully watching these barrels mature in Warehouse Q.

He is proud to announce that a few barrels on floors 2 and 4 are ready for release. These barrels are 16 years and 8 months old and match the Stagg taste profile perfectly. We are attempting to schedule a spring bottling and release of George T. Stagg. It’s a little early to tell the exact bottling proof, but we’ll let you know soon.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:38 pm

Here's another reason to eagerly await the arrival of spring! :toothy10: Ya gotta love BT! :thumbup: Keep us posted on any new info on this Mark and LeNell. :cheers:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby White Lightning » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:45 pm

Got it too... but was not sure if it was meant to be announced publicly. Here I suppose is no problem, but I got the feeling it was only for those (intentionally) in the know to avoid additional nuissance to B/T about the subsequent release etc.
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby TNbourbon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:17 pm

Oh, just by the way -- they bottled the new-version Stagg today, if anyone's interested :lol: .
TNbourbon

Unread postby Mark » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:46 pm

Freaking awesome, can't wait to try this one! :bounce:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 pm

TNbourbon wrote:Oh, just by the way -- they bottled the new-version Stagg today, if anyone's interested :lol: .

Tim....Tim...Tim...I'd say there's probably a couple of folks that are interested. :wink: This is very cool. I wonder when it will hit the stores? I wonder if they're planning to do another release later in the year? Now wouldn't that be cool??? :wink: :wink: But then again, I don't know if anybody would be interested in 2 Stagg releases in 1 year :roll: :lol: :wink:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby TNbourbon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:07 pm

Brewer wrote: I wonder if they're planning to do another release later in the year? Now wouldn't that be cool??? :wink: :wink: But then again, I don't know if anybody would be interested in 2 Stagg releases in 1 year :roll: :lol: :wink:

It's my understanding that this spring's release is the oddball -- the annual fall release schedule is the planned one. In other words, there WILL be a fall release this year, but don't expect a spring one regularly.
TNbourbon

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:23 pm

According to Ken Weber, BT bourbon brand manager, the spring Stagg comes in a 130.9 proof. No word on how many bottles yet.
TNbourbon

Unread postby jbohan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:07 pm

You can check on BT's website and go to the web cam in the Blanton's Bottling Room to see what they are bottling each day.. Blanton's , OVW, BT, Stagg, etc.
jbohan
True Friend

21 year old rye

Unread postby jbohan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 pm

1:30 PM March 1 Just checked the web cam in the regauge room at BT, they are dumping 21 year old rye at this very moment.
jbohan
True Friend

Unread postby tlsmothers » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:41 am

Damn, I missed it! As long as I get a stash of it I won't be too upset about missing the dumping.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby parshooter » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:24 pm

Any way of finding out who (retailers) will get the spring release :?:
parshooter

Spring Release

Unread postby jbohan » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:50 pm

2 PM March 2 , go look at the web cam in the Blanton's Bottling Warehouse right now ! They are bottling Stagg as we speak !
To long ashes and long finishes
jbohan
True Friend

Next

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings