Spring Release of Stagg

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri May 06, 2005 2:12 am

NY is STILL waiting....
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby TNbourbon » Fri May 06, 2005 8:48 am

tlsmothers wrote:NY is STILL waiting....

Consider yourself lucky -- the 30 bottles Middle Tennessee got came and went in a flash. Happily, I managed to snag 5 of them, and a customer in our store got 4 more. I traded a couple for some KY-proof versions, just to keep a vertical intact. But, now, we can't even anticipate getting an more until fall.
TNbourbon

Unread postby dgonano » Fri May 06, 2005 6:22 pm

We got ours in Maryland 3 weeks ago. Also picked up the lower proof in KY during the Sampler.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby tlsmothers » Thu May 19, 2005 12:33 am

Heard that Stagg began its journey to NY in April...just waiting. I'm begging for allocation. Heard from Kris that I had 3 cases coming. *sigh* I guess I won't be saving any for myself this time either. I hate to see regular customers disappointed. Got almost 50 folks on the waiting list, 16 of which are loyal regular customers.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Brewer » Thu May 19, 2005 9:41 am

tlsmothers wrote:Heard that Stagg began its journey to NY in April.

Damn, it sure is taking its sweet time getting here. Maybe they're walking it up to us! :roll:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby tlsmothers » Thu May 19, 2005 11:49 am

Just got an email saying it's supposed to go out tomorrow. Let's hope Eber doesn't f*ck it up.
tlsmothers

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 pm

I just got a bottle in Los Angeles....My liquor store says she can get more but its tough to get right now....I'm surprised it even made it to California!

One question, how is it that the outside-KY Stagg is higher proof and the KY Stagg is lower? Any reasons for that? AND, isnt most KY bourbon usually HIGHER proof than the rest of us can get?
BourbonBalls

Unread postby TNbourbon » Thu May 19, 2005 4:54 pm

Michael Hack wrote:...how is it that the outside-KY Stagg is higher proof and the KY Stagg is lower?..

This was an unscheduled 'find' of Stagg-profile barrels, thus no bottling-line time had been pre-arranged -- they had to squeeze it into the schedule in the bottling house, and thus completed it in multiple runs. After the first incomplete bottling run, they rebarreled (using about 1/3 of the original barrels) the unbottled bourbon until the next run. When time came for that bottling, the remaining bourbon was 131.8 proof, while the original run had been 130.9.
Buffalo Trace decided to keep like lots together -- thus Kentucky got all the 130.9, and the 131.8 was distributed elsewhere.
TNbourbon

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Thu May 19, 2005 6:00 pm

Was this because there was MORE of the 130 and less of the 131 or vice versa? Assuming KY comsumes more (or less) than everywhere else?
BourbonBalls

Unread postby angelshare » Sun May 29, 2005 8:35 pm

Still waiting on the good folks at VA ABC to come through on our special order... :roll:
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:46 am

angelshare wrote:Still waiting on the good folks at VA ABC to come through on our special order... :roll:

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! HUZZAH! The Spring Release of George T. Stagg has finally reached Virginia. I put in a pre-order last month for a three bottle case and picked it up last night. Pretty damned pricey at $49.95 a bottle. I hate having to charge bourbon, but in this case I had no other choice. I think I'll open a bottle now!

:arrow: ima :drink:
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:55 am

Such as it is, I just posted some quickie tasting notes.

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Hell! Now I can't stop drinking it! I'm on my third glass - no make that fourth glass. Ima gonna needa nap soon.

:arrow: ima :wink:
bunghole

Unread postby White Lightning » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:18 pm

Michael Hack wrote:I just got a bottle in Los Angeles....My liquor store says she can get more but its tough to get right now....I'm surprised it even made it to California!
California actually got a pretty good share / allocation this go around from what I heard.
ψ£
White Lightning

Unread postby BourbonBalls » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:35 pm

Thats good news! Lets hope they keep it up ..... There are a lot of bourbon enthusiasts out here, and I'd like to see more. It'll help if we can get these special bottlings.

I'm doing my best to get all the Scotch drinkers out here to: "Hop Scotch and Jump to Bourbon"!
BourbonBalls

PreviousNext

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings