availability

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

availability

Unread postby JH » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Is 4 Roses single barrel being sold every where outside KY now? I just saw it for sale in WNY. I also bought a bottle of 2007 Sazerac 18 year, I never saw this rye available before, not even in KY. The liquor store had also had Thomas Handy, Stagg, & Weller from the fall 2007 BTAC.
Just curious if "rare" KY bourbons are becoming more available throughout the US?
JH

Re: availability

Unread postby PaulO » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:08 pm

I have looked for Four Roses but never seen it in any stores in southern IN. The other brands you mention; Handy, Stagg, and Weller are in the better stocked liquor stores. There have been periods of time when they disappeared for a while. For example all the Weller disappeared for several months. Special Reserve is back, but still no Antique 107.
PaulO

Unread postby cowdery » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Four Roses has added quite a few markets in the last year and by the end of 2008, it should be in about half of the U.S., both in terms of the number of states and geographically, as they all seem to be east of the Mississippi at this point.

It's supposed to be the full line: yellow label, single barrel and small batch, as well as the special editions, but some stores don't seem to be carrying the yellow label, which is the lowest-priced 4R expression.

Four Roses is good about information but they're only able to announce expansion markets shortly before they go into them. There may be several reasons for this, but one is that they genuinely don't know how many new markets they can handle, nor when, because it's all based on having enough product available.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby JH » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:18 pm

THe liquor store (biggest in the area) had all 3 4Roses. The single barrel was $10 more than the 4/1/08 price in the Lexington Liquor Barn (actually more because the tax is included in the Liquor Barn shelf price). The BTAC fall 2007 bottles were ~ $5 cheaper than the Liquor Barn fall 2007 prices, & as I stated above this was the 1st time I've ever seen the Sazarac 18 year anywhere.
*** Bought a bottle, good stuff :) .
JH

Unread postby cowdery » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:22 am

All expressions of Four Roses are available in all markets, but Four Roses is presently available in only seven states: Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Colorado and California.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings