Evan Williams Single Barrel '95

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Evan Williams Single Barrel '95

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:41 pm

Mark visited yesterday and brought some of the newly released Evan Williams Single Barrel. We tried it, and the first report is that it is quite good. However, from the initial tasting, we both concurred that it is not quite as good as the '94 bottling, which I think is the best of the EW Single Barrels that I've had the opportunity to try. After I've spent some more time tasting this bottling, I'll share more of my impressions. I know this is not widely available at this time, but when it comes to your neighborhood, I would recommend that you give it a try.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby cowdery » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:47 pm

I have characterized the 95 as less intense than the 94 but better balanced. It probably was inevitable that the intensity that had been building year by year up to the 94 could not continue to increase. The 95 is still very good and one of the best values on the market.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:03 pm

ima sippin' on the '91! Still like the '90 better, but ima only got one left. Love the '94! My Fav so far. Glad ima picked up four more bottles. Won't last long.

'95 sounds good! Glad to hear it. Someting positive to look forward too!

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Unread postby Mark » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:24 pm

I'm with you Linn, the 90' was very good stuff as well! I just mentioned that to Bob last night. The 94' I do like a bit more though, everything seems so much more rounded with that year. Like Bob has said, the 95 is very good, similar to the 94' in certain ways.
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Mark wrote:I'm with you Linn, the 90' was very good stuff as well! I just mentioned that to Bob last night. The 94' I do like a bit more though, everything seems so much more rounded with that year. Like Bob has said, the 95 is very good, similar to the 94' in certain ways.

VERRRRRY COOL! Like your new avitar! Jerry Dalton would be pleased.

:arrow: ima :sunny:
bunghole

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:39 am

The new vintage 1995 Evan Williams Single Barrel is now available on Virginia ABC store shelves.

Damn Good! Very like the '94. It seems that Parker & Craig Beam have gotten the flavor profile nailed down. It's the only Heaven Hill Bourbon that I buy.

:arrow: ima :smilebox:
bunghole

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings