Barrel Purchase (BD/BE.com)

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Barrel Purchase (BD/BE.com)

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:53 pm

What are everyones thoughts on the 2008 Barrels (ER, RHFs, Baby Saz, BT, and PVW 15yr) - from the Bourbon Crusades with Julio's Liquor?

I would love to here how much you enjoyed them and if y'all woudl be game for 1 barrel this year (maybe 2 max).

Since last year was the first year, I figured lets go to two with a huge splash, but we will not do 7 barrels again. 2 max with a heavy desire so go for a Wild Turkey product this time. We might look at a Willett later in the year or for 2010...

So sound off!!!!
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Unread postby Lovejones » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:34 pm

[quote="Mike"][quote="spun_cookie"]ANyone get their goods yet... what are your thoughts?[/quote]

See my just posted review. The Pappy 15 is just a great bourbon.

A couple of months ago spun_cookie sent me an email asking if I would like him to reserve me a bottle of the Pappy 15 from the BE/BD barrel. I thought about it and realized it was too good to pass up, so I replied in the affirmative. I am so glad I did. The bottle came yesterday and is superb.

Thanks to spun_cookie for his thoughtfulness in reserving a bottle for me!!![/quote]

I originally posted that I was interested in a few bottles. I guess it's too late? Let me know if there are still any available.
Lovejones

Unread postby sailor22 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 pm

The PVW 15, RHFs, and Baby Saz are terrific. I haven't sampled the others.

The RHF's is not terribly different than Julio's pick from '07 - they are both great.

The Saz is tastier than the shelf version and that's a good thing.

The 15 is in a class of it's own. I only regret that I can't get more.

So how did I like 'em? Two of the three are on my favorites list. You guys done good!
sailor22

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Lovejones wrote:
Mike wrote:
spun_cookie wrote:ANyone get their goods yet... what are your thoughts?

See my just posted review. The Pappy 15 is just a great bourbon.

A couple of months ago spun_cookie sent me an email asking if I would like him to reserve me a bottle of the Pappy 15 from the BE/BD barrel. I thought about it and realized it was too good to pass up, so I replied in the affirmative. I am so glad I did. The bottle came yesterday and is superb.

Thanks to spun_cookie for his thoughtfulness in reserving a bottle for me!!!

I originally posted that I was interested in a few bottles. I guess it's too late? Let me know if there are still any available.

Not at all. I thought I put you in contact with Julio's. Call them. All but the PVW is available (it was very limited). They are all very good... give them a call, or PM me if you need the contact information.
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Unread postby dnsouthky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

I would be interested in the Willett either this yr or next let me know if you decide to do a Willett, a PVW if you have any left or do another, or a Weller.

dnsouthky
Remember even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. ----- I just hope to live my life as happy as a blind hog and find my own acorn every now and then.
dnsouthky

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings