Barleycorn does a review

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Barleycorn does a review

Unread postby Mike » Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 pm

On a whim, I gave Barleycorn (my dog) some bourbon and asked him to do a review. What I gave him was some Old Taylor and told him it was a passable bourbon. Here are his notes:

Nose: Aroma of rabbit soaked in rubbing alcohol, clover, crickets, dried food. I asked him if he smelled any 'dark fruit' and he said, 'What's a dark fruit?'

Taste: Tastes of rabbit soaked in alcohol, clover, crickets, dried food. I asked him if he tasted any 'spice' and he said, 'What's a spice?'

Finish: Yea, can I have some more? I said, 'No, No, how does it taste after you have swallowed it?' He replied, 'After I swallowed it, it is gone! Can I have some more?'

Overall: It ain't Old Rip Van Winkle, but can I have this bottle?

Not bad for a first review from a dog. Sounds very much like what some of my cousins would say, if they could write.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby bunghole » Thu May 24, 2007 7:18 am

Georgia Mike,

Many have lamented that Old Taylor has 'gone to the dogs' since Beam took over, and now we know it's true! The fact that Barleycorn liked it well enough to ask for more shows that Old Taylor is no bottom shelf stinker, as is Old Crow.

:arrow: imasaintbunghole :angel7:
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri May 25, 2007 10:52 am

Linn,
I do believe Barleycorn's review of Old Crow was road kill with rubbing alcohol, clover, crickets and dried food.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby bunghole » Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 pm

bourbonv wrote:Linn,
I do believe Barleycorn's review of Old Crow was road kill with rubbing alcohol, clover, crickets and dried food.

Road kill!?PFFFFFT! Another overused discriptor by so many hack whiskey writters just as is 'dark fruits'. Come on now! Any dog with a nose knows that the road kill in Old Crow is skunk, and not groundhog or 'possum, ect.

:arrow: :wink: 8-)
bunghole

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat May 26, 2007 10:27 am

Linn,
When you are right, you are right as rain. My apologies to Barleycorn. I am sure he would say a roadkill crow, rubbing alcohol, crickets, clover and dried food.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings