New Jim Beam Premium in Japan

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

New Jim Beam Premium in Japan

Unread postby Bromley365 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 am

I live in Japan and have recently seen a new product from Jim Beam. It's simply called "Jim Beam Premium" and it come in a some what fancy-looking Beam bottle. I regularly find plain 'ole Beam for $10 and this goes for about $15. I actually have a bottle of Evan Williams Red (Japan only) that I'm working on and plan to try this new Beam when I'm finished. However, I can find absolutely NO information about this on the interweb despite the new whiskey popping up every where and with lots of in-store promotion, which I find strange.

I'd love to hear if anyone here has heard anything about this. Is it available in the States? Thanks.
Bromley365

Re: New Jim Beam Premium in Japan

Unread postby Squire » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

Tell us a bit more about it Bromley, proof, age statement, a picture would be helpful.
Squire

Unread postby Bromley365 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:37 am

Will do when I pick up a bottle in the next day or two...
Bromley365

Unread postby Bromley365 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:30 am

sorry this has taken so long.

anyway, tried a bottle and it was OK. very different from beam: less rye and much more 'oily' feeling. if it stays cheap I may buy a bottle from time to time, but I wouldn't miss it if it were to vanish. actually, i have a suspicion that it's one of the companies other cheaper bourbons re-branded for the Japanese, since it tastes so similar to other things I've had. definitely not regular beam, however. not beam's choice (green label) either. we have that in Japan as well.

by the way, i do have a picture of the bottle, but not sure how to post it here. any help from those who may be interested?

oh, and it's only 80 proof and there was no age statement.
Bromley365

Unread postby Squire » Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Sounds like entry level Bean, oh well.
Squire

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings