Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995 Vintage

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby Mark » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:05 pm

Anyone bought this yet and how do you like it compared to the 1994? I had a small sample of the 1995 at WhiskyFest here in NYC and I thought it was very good, right up there with the 1994 which was one of my favorite EWSB Vintages to date.

My parents are in VA right now and my Dad just called saying that one of the bases had 4 bottles for $17.99! And there there is not tax so needles to say I told him to grab em all! :lol: I know Bob and Chris are good for a bottle if not two so soon enough I am certain there will be an ewsb party going on in NY :thumbright:
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:30 pm

Two! Dos! 2! That'll be 2 please. :lol:
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Mark » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:57 pm

So the military bases in VA are the only place that has this in stock at the moment? No one has seen it elsewhere, bought a bottle and tried it yet? Those in KY, Jeff?
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Brewer » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:13 pm

I too got to try a taste of this during WhiskyFest, and it reminded me a lot of the '94 vintage which I like a lot. This was at the very end of the evening though, and the taste buds had been working (playing) overtime. So, I too would like to hear from anyone that's had access to the new bottling. I'm sure its out in KY if its in VA.
Bob
Brewer

Re: Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995 Vintage

Unread postby angelshare » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:01 am

Mark wrote:My parents are in VA right now and my Dad just called saying that one of the bases had 4 bottles for $17.99!

I haven't seen EW SB 1995 in VA ABC stores yet. I always wondered how military distribution worked. If a military base has it, does it mean that distribution has expanded? Or does the military automatically have access to anything its own internal red tape will allow it to acquire?

I would have to believe it's out in KY somewhere, though.
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby JimC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:13 am

Is there any update on when the EWSB 1995 will hit most retail markets and is it available now in the larger outlets in KY?
JimC

Unread postby cowdery » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:44 pm

I don't believe the 1995 has even started to ship yet except, apparently, to some PXs. The new vintage typically starts to appear in January, but they don't ship it until all of the previous vintage is gone and, typically, the distributors do the same thing, so I remember it seemed to take forever for LeNell to get the 1994 because her distributor still had a lot of the 1993 left.

I got a couple of bottles because I'm, you know, just so darned pretty. Tasting samples of the ’94 and ’95 side-by-side, the ’95 has a suggestion of peanuts and pears on the nose, whereas the ’94 has tobacco and a bit of wet clay. The ’95 has citrus fruit on the palate, while the ’94 has dark fruit and smoked meat. The ’95 has a nutty finish where the ’94 finishes with a bit of mint. Overall, the ’94 is more intense, the ’95 more balanced. There is no discernable difference between the two in color, which is a bright orange-amber. That's a preview for you of my WHISKY Magazine review, which should be in the next issue.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby TNbourbon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:34 pm

EWSB is reportedly on the shelves in Montgomery County, MD, at least, today.
TNbourbon

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings