Limited NY Bourbon

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby cowdery » Thu May 25, 2006 8:50 pm

tlsmothers wrote:My understanding is that the label doesn't need an age statement for less than 4 years old if it's not a "straight bourbon."

I think this is wrong. The requirement for age statements if any of the whiskey is less than 4 years old applies to "all other whiskies."

Sec. 5.40 (a)(1) In the case of whisky, whether or not mixed or blended but containing no neutral spirits, the age of the youngest whisky. The age statement shall read substantially as follows: "------ years old.''

On the other hand, the government has to approve the label and if they approve it then it's approved, regardless of what the regulations say.

I'm attaching a copy of the regs.

That said, I don't want to be a wet blanket. Congratulations, this is very exciting.
cowdery

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:30 am

Feds have approved the label. Now on to NY State Liquor Authority approval.

Sorry I ain't been around much. Busting my ass even more than usual. (working on plans to open a bar...like I aint got enough to do already...ha ha)
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:07 am

tlsmothers wrote:(working on plans to open a bar...like I aint got enough to do already...ha ha)

Well at least we'll know where to get a decent glass of Bourbon in New York. Hope it all works out.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings