Old Taylor

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Old Taylor

Unread postby lipsterc8 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:34 pm

Can anyone tell me a little history about the botttle of whiskey i hae found at my uncles house. The bottle is old taylor bottled in bond and unopened. The bottle is 100 proof and looks to have a real signature of an Ed Jr on it. the signature is in green ink above the preprinted ed h taylor. is this bottle worth anything?
lipsterc8

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:41 pm

There are plenty of places here to find out about Old Taylor. Go to the Library forum and read "An Interesting Haul" which is about the Taylor-Hay family papers at the Filson Historical Society. You can also go to the Bourbon Lore section and look at the Beam/National Distillers time line.

Every bottle has E H Taylor, Jr.s signature on the label. Since he died in the early 1920's and your bottle was not produced until after prohibition, I feel safe in saying that it is not his true signature. If you are looking for a value of the bottle - It is worth whatever someone will give you, probably between $50.00 and $100.00 dollars.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby lipsterc8 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:02 pm

how can i tell what year my bottle was made?
lipsterc8

Unread postby bunghole » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:14 pm

lipsterc8 wrote:how can i tell what year my bottle was made?

Read the dates on the tax strip across the neck and bottle cap. It will state the year distilled and year bottled :idea:
bunghole

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings