Pappy 23????

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby dale3mike » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:08 pm

ChuckMick wrote:I saw a post by Julian (somewhere) that put the number around 1400 bottles and it seemed like there was going to be another bottling run in Jan. :)

Chuck

This is what Julian told me at the tasting last Thursday. He said the run in January should yield about the same.

Mike
dale3mike

Unread postby Mike » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:05 pm

I was at 'my' liquor store today and the owner says they are getting 6 bottles of the Pappy 23. He says it will be in the $200 range and then added that he will make me a good deal on it.

I just may have to get a bottle of it.........if I can just keep Barleycorn away from it. Now, I love that dog............but not that much!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:35 pm

Yeah, Julian says another round is due out after the first. Pretty miniscule amount arrived at Brooklyn Bourbon Central...3 bottles. ouchie

I personally prefer the 20 to the 23. The 23's limited availability makes it more of a novelty/trophy, of course. I like the more balanced nature of the 20 that's not so rich and woody.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby Mike » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:57 pm

I was at 'my' liquor store today. They have three bottles of the Pappy 23. It is priced at about $300 a bottle.

I had the 23 YO Pappy in 2002 and I liked the 20 YO better then. That bottling of the 23 YO was a bit woody and astringent to me.

Based on that experience, I was willing to pay $200 to try it again, but $300 dollars............no way, Jose!

Something is out of whack here, and I will not participate in this farce!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Previous

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings