Booker's Limited Edition

Talk about rare, export, annual release and other types of similar bottlings here.

Moderator: Squire

Booker's Limited Edition

Unread postby parshooter » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:46 pm

My wife got a bottle today from a client. Nice bottle, in a stained-wood box with plexiglass front. Only 3000 produced (we have # 2157), nice brass plaque on the bottom front of the box. The bottle has a picture of Booker and an inscription next to it that reads "Booker Noe Master Distiller, bourbon legend, and true friend. 1929-2004" It is 8 years, 3 months old, 125.3 proof. There is a small number under the picture, 24-1400. I don't know what that means. This bottle will NOT be opened :!:
parshooter

Unread postby parshooter » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:26 pm

C'mon guys, 12 looks and no replys. I didn't pay for this bottle. You aren't gonna hurt my feelings by telling me the truth. It might not be something really special, but someone has to have heard about it. I know/think it is regular Booker's bourbon, but the presentation has to be something.
parshooter

Unread postby TNbourbon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:46 pm

TNbourbon

Unread postby dgonano » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:20 am

Just picked up two bottles from 2 differrent retailers . They notified me that they were getting in a few bottles and called their best customers :wink:

I have bottle #557 and #601. The cost was the same as regular Bookers ($45 and $48 at the 2 stores).
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby TrueBarrel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:17 pm

Got mine about a month ago at $10 more than regular Booker's. Gonna open it when I finish my current bottle of regular Booker's.
TrueBarrel

Unread postby Oregone » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:23 pm

parshooter wrote:C'mon guys, 12 looks and no replys. I didn't pay for this bottle. You aren't gonna hurt my feelings by telling me the truth. It might not be something really special, but someone has to have heard about it. I know/think it is regular Booker's bourbon, but the presentation has to be something.

My understanding is that this was a special presentation of the "regular" Bookers.
Oregone

Unread postby dgonano » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:59 pm

Every batch of Bookers is different from the previuos one. This batch is 8 yrs and 3 months old. I have another Bookers from the past which is 7yrs and 1 month old. The proofs of each batch vary also. True, this is a special batch but after an initial distribution at a higher sales price , the remaining distribution is priced the same as the regular Bookers bottlings.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby Archis » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Hi,

What store around Baldwin, MD has the primo version of Booker for around $50.00?

Thanks
Archis

Unread postby dgonano » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:06 am

The distributor in Maryland only had a limited number of cases. I don't know if any retailer received more than a few bottles. The retailers did not put them on the shelves. They just called their clientelle and moved the product. I got my bottles at Four Corners in Jacksonville and Ronnie's in Bel Air.

If you are serious about bourbon, talk to your favorite retailer. Tell him in advance about any product that only comes out once per year such as Stagg and OFBB. If you are a good customer the retailer will reward you!

The retailer in Westminster is Cranberry Liquors. The proprietor,Rick, has a great selection of bourbons.
Dave G.
dgonano

Unread postby tlsmothers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:23 am

I was pretty upset when I called a Jim Beam contact here and was told that NY didn't get any. Then I have a customer come in who says, "What do you mean NY didn't get any? I saw some upstate." I just had to convince myself he saw something else. :violent3: Thanks for posting the link to the pic.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Return to Enthusiast Bottlings